My 71st Birthday Confessional

by TerryWalstrom 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Happy Birthday and many more. Still Totally ADD

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Can you PM me with a safe email address with your username from here?
    ________

Anyone can email me at this address:
    [email protected]

_____

If you had met me, you'd remember. I'm six feet four inches tall and don't have a serious bone in my body.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Terry, Have you recently posted which jail and prison(s) you were sent to?

Has anyone made a collection of all the names of the young brothers sent to prison because of WT? If so, I am not aware of it.

This sweet young brother I know, the FBI came to his house after breakfast, handcuffed him, and put him in their car... all with neighbors watching. Did that make a good witness for WT? Not at all.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Happy Birthday Terry! Get busy finishing that book, I turn 71 this year too.

I want that book for my birthday present!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Happy Birthday Terry,I always enjoy your contributions on this board ,welcome to the old mans club .

• just fine
    just fine

Happy Birthday- I always enjoy reading your posts. 🍺 to many more happy, healthy birthdays.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

LoisLane:

Terry, Have you recently posted which jail and prison(s) you were sent to?

Has anyone made a collection of all the names of the young brothers sent to prison because of WT? If so, I am not aware of it.
    _____

At one time I had in my possession the names of all the Brothers from prison, their (then) home addresses. Time has a way of losing those things. I may still have it "some"place.

Some of my best buddies from that time died young. One, Danny Roy Bene, killed in an auto crash, and Sammy Salami died of a sudden heart attack.
    I'd love to contact Joe Pruitt or Ron Clayton. Never could find them.
    I did hunt down and speak on the phone with Tollie Padget.
    Midway through our conversation, I realized he was STILL IN the ORG.
    I excused myself and sent him an email explaining my situation and giving him the choice of initiating the contact. That was a couple of years ago. So far...nothing.

Many of the Brothers were sent from El Reno in Oklahoma into Texas.
    I spent 10 days in the Tarrant County Jail before I was transferred to Seagoville Federal Correctional Institutions in Dallas.

Seagoville was intended for Enemy Aliens originally!
    http://www.thc.texas.gov/preserve/projects-and-programs/military-history/texas-world-war-ii/world-war-ii-japanese-american-4

Seagoville alien enemy detention station

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

Hi Terry! Happy birthday! Did you ever become the artist you wanted? Would love to see what you created!

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

Happy belated, Terry ✨ thank you so much for sharing. This was such an engaging read, and I appreciate the baby boomer generational perspective.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hello Terry,

Have a terrific Happy Birthday today and many more! i know the weather is rather chilly in your part of Texas right now. Hope you're keeping warm.

I always enjoy your stories and articles. Next month I'll be 65 but still feel like a dumb teenager inside, which makes me seem weird as hell! I can't make any friends in real life but have gotten pretty good at online Scrabble so I don't care, hah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit