2019 JW Statistics

by Attewc 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Using Slim's calculation, you are saying they spent at least $223,000,000. on healthcare ????? This is as I said I reckon, a way of explaining away where the money goes.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005
    REALLY ????? In my time in those expenses were all covered by the local bros, apart from Stipends, which were a paltry few $$$, so is this huge figure a way of explaining away where some of the money has gone ?
    I've been away for so long that I'm just stabbing in the dark.
    I wonder if there isn't some annual report, the congregation to the branch, where the question -- "how much do you estimate that your congregation members privately contribute toward the welfare of other brothers, special pioneers, circuit overseers, etc." is posed.
    The branch could add that pie-in-the-sky amount to their own certifiable numbers and come up with $224 million.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

FF the org claims that it spent this money, but yes, knowing their way with words that could be it, but I think they are being untruthful about where money goes, would that be such a surprise ?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I have two family members who are in a Bethel overseas, and when they come back to the States, they are given health insurance cards for their stay. They go to all the doctor visits they need to, completely paid for. The cost runs into several thousand each year, and they are relatively young without major health issues. Health care is a major expense.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The number claiming to be of the anointed was supposed to be going down as proof the"End" was almost here ?

The lowest it ever got was about 8000 .

And this was before the end of the century ? What`s changed that now those claiming to be of the anointed has jumped up to about 20000 ?

How do they explain or rationalise that ? without saying and blaming the rank and file for not getting the picture right ?

Otherwise its just saying that the teaching ability of the rank and file of their beliefs to new members is pathetic.

so much for the ministry school training if they cant get that right?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Growth=God's Blessing" has been such an integral component of the Org's ideological DNA that it almost kinda has to be shown, somehow.

It does seem like the Org's leadership is trying a little too hard, lately, though.

Which makes me wonder...

...do they actually think that the R&F's confidence (that it's The Truth) is really so tenuous that they have to pad and spin... everything?

And, if so, why would the leadership think that?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" And, if so, why would the leadership think that? " ...... because they are self appointed Charlatans operating a money making Scam, and peddling total Bullshit.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Since they don't have a neutral party that double checks their math, such as Author Anderson ,etc, I couldn't trust these numbers for anything. Remember they make up names and stories in magazines and use "spiritual warfare"

• Giordano
    Giordano

Going back to the anointed ones:

Picture Heaven as a giant building with different religions occupying separate floors.

All of the elevator's to get you to your floor has a sign that says........" please be quiet when this elevator passes the 13th floor".

Finally someone asks the question "why do we have to be quiet when we go past the 13th floor?"

The elevator conductor answers "Because that's where the Jehovah's Witnesses are ........and they refuse to believe that there is anyone else in heaven. "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit