Serious question..Leviticus 20:15 Why slay the beast???

by James Mixon 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sparky1
    sparky1

I

"Come baaaaack...........I looooooooove you!"

• millie210
    millie210

This thread is cracking me up!

so anyhoo.....

James Mixon
    millie: share your research, it may come in handy one day. I love asking questions like this with my JW family, anything to make them think. The flood, they refuse to talk about that.

Yes not to spoil the mood but I was thinking that animals in such an agrarian community had significant worth and the death of one would be a financial impact people would not want to incur.

Apparently I am the only person who thought that because I didnt find that reason anywhere.

What I did find had more to do with the heinous crime that bestiality fell in to the heading of in that time period......

to encapsulate it, the reason the animal was to be slain was

a) so no one could see that animal and refer to it in reference to the act of beastiality.

b) to underscore causation in the death of a man.

several Jewish references plus this one below that covers the same ground.

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/leviticus/20-15.htm

sorry to be such a fuddy duddy!

carry on!

• smiddy
    smiddy

That JW`s guy that demonstrated to the deaf people ,about the joys of masturbation or otherwise on video { dont deny it we all do it } when do you think the next video will come out with him demonstrating the evils {or joys } of bestiallity ?

Not that I`m that way inclined ,however I did enjoy his enthususiasm in the masturbation video.

I cant wait to see his next one on bestiallity .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit