Serious question..Leviticus 20:15 Why slay the beast???

by James Mixon 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It's not as if the sheep was trying to seduce the shepherd, the poor creature was violated. We have come a long way from those days, thank goodness. So why slay the sheep or beast??????

• Village Idiot
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

For that matter, why were all the animals killed in nations that the Israelites defeated?

Why slay man, woman, child, and all beasts?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes you do have a point"For that matter'...Kill ,kill,kill.

• smiddy
    smiddy

In these scriptures of Lev. arent the beasts actually raped ?, its certainly not consensual sex ,so according to scriptures about a female being raped , the rapist has to marry the victim and never be able to divorce her .

Shouldnt the rapist of the beast have been made to co-habit with it for the rest of their life ? After all it was their choice.Wouldnt that have been consistent with scripture instead of killing the beast ?

• nelim
    nelim

Smiddy, that depends on whether the beast screamed or not.

• freddo
    freddo

More importantly, were there two witnesses? If the animal did not confess then surely we must leave the matter in Jehovah's loving hands.

• smiddy
    smiddy

nelim ,

I cant speak from experience myself but wasnt their a movie ,Deliverance ,that did show an animal squealing ?

isnt that a natural thing that animals do under such circumstances ?

freddo,

True , the two witness rule is always going to be our loophole in getting out of sticky situations.that we do not want to confront.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

[Pale Emperor puts on his JW head for a moment, the head that could invent reasons at the drop of a hat]

ahem... i believe because animals were peoples property they would be destroyed by invading Israelite so that nothing of the old inhabitants remained.

As killing the animal that was raped, well, in "gods eyes" it would be seen as unclean. Not fit for sacrifice or food.

[Pale Emperor puts on his reasonable head again]

Interesting article here from a Jewish scholar who claims that the animals were created as potential mates for Adam but that he rejected them all. I've heard this claim before from Rabbi Mordechai Kraft.

http://semiticcontroversies.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/bestiality-in-jewish-bible.html

• Onager
    Onager

I like that idea! So if Adam hadn't been so fussy we could all have Sea Otters for wives? Cool!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit