Did People In The "Truth" Have Better Marriages Than Those In The "World"?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know of an elder and his wife who have not had sex in over 20 years! They lived together with much strife and she is a bitch! She just put her husband in a nursing home because he is suffering from very early stages of dementia. This was 3 months ago. She has not visited him once because "she's afraid that he's going to get upset with her and cause a scene"

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

How about those of us who were JWs and are still married?

Hubby and I have been married 20 (GEEZ! almost 21!) years. Started studying after we'd been married a few years. Stayed in about 5 or 6, have been out almost 10.

The years we were studying/active/the time I was pioneering were absolutely, hands down, the worst in our marriage. We were miserable. I attribute it to trying to interact the way some bunch of old farts who didn't live in the real world thought we should interact, instead of how it was natural for us (we're an...unusual couple, we're often told we pick at each other more like brother and sister than husband and wife).

It took a couple of years after we left for our relationship to regain its equilibrium. He's still a pain in the a$$, but we get along better now than when we were "in the Truth" (tm).

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

If you consider living a lie chuck full of false pretenses and putting on a show so that you appear to be happy in public, but in truth are miserable at home.. then the Jehovah's Witness marriage is right for you.

That is all that Jehovah's Witnesses are concerned with anyway. Appearances. How they look to others so that they can be commended and potentially ensnare new recruits by peddling magazines.

How many husbands and wives are miserable because they work and then have to devote another 5 days a week to meetings and field service, and if they have children, study preparation and personal study? How many do we personally know from experience that were in depression and on Prozac or some other medication? Are you kidding? I cannot count the times our family engaged in vicious vocal fights while getting dressed to go to the Kingdom Hall. Then when we arrived everyone put on a happy face and declared how blessed they were to have made it to a sanctuary in Satan's world.

For a long time I thought it was just my family. As I got older I realized that many other families were enduring the same hardships. I saw friends who at home had horrible relationships with loved ones. Yet if you only knew them from being at the meetings, you would ascertain that they were balanced, joyful people.

I HATE Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit