Trinity...cross...Does it matter?

by NikL 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Steel
    Steel

The more research i have done on the subject of the trinity, its really the half assed out of context presentation of the wts that made me stop going to meetings.

They discount what the Book of John says, they discount what Paul says, they fail to make any connection to the old testament.

Its all just circular chicken and egg arguments. Its all just " why would jesus say that if he was god "....because he was human......" how can a human be god". Round and Round.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I do not believe trinity, cross matters the way WT say it does. These issues were just a form of brand distinction for them. But, nor do I think the trinity matters in regards to "faith" either.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I agree with scratchme1010

Read up up on it in Wikipedia let's say

Just for fun

There's no consensus although

Many issues have been debated for thousands of years

By the way

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

:)

• schnell
    schnell

You know, they said there was a war in heaven. And when I was a teenager, I tried to imagine one angel punching another angel.

Like, do they hit each other? Or do they just... wish each other away? Is there a difference really? If two angels hit each other, does it make a sound?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

No it doesn't. JWs put all their emphasis on that while the most important thing of all is to love God and your neighbor. They are oblivious to the fact that they actually end up hating, not only their neighbor, but also their own family!

For every 8 witnesses, there is at least a disfellowshipped one out there. How many families are destroyed because of them? THAT is much more important than knowing the torture device used to kill your Lord!

What does the belief in a trinity, a cross or even the names of the Isrealite kings have to do with doing the will of God? Doing the will of God implies actions. True knowledge is understanding that love is more important than remembering or understanding theological dogma. Its simply showing love in everything we do! But JWs (and other religions) mix that all up to bring it right back to what the Pharisees were doing. SMH.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Study mythology. None of it truly matters.

• NikL
    NikL

Lots of great comments here and I disagree with some but most I agree with in-part at least but @ StephaneLaliberte...you summed up my feelings nicely.

• Perry
    Perry
    Doing the will of God implies actions.

Yes it does. The question is: what that action entails. That's a legitimate question.

Jesus was once asked what we must do, to do the will of God. The answer? Believe Jesus.

....this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. - John 6

This is the beginning and the end of the "works" of God. This is the bottom line of Christianity.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Not of works, lest any man should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9

Christians have but one work; belief. Of course this is offensive to our cultured advanced minds. Nevertheless, everyone gets to chose their own eternal destiny, free of any burdens of performance whatsoever.

The question then becomes what constitutes belief? It is a very personal thing. And God knows what we believe.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

No...it doesn't matter imo. Beliefs don't matter. Behavior matters. Keep love as your highest value....everything else is chaff on the threshing floor.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Its 2000 years since Jesus supposedly died whether it be on a cross or a stake who cares ? Obviously Jehovah does not as he has been silent all these years ,so whats the deal with humans debating this ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit