New to this site.

by KimD 34 Replies latest jw friends

• KimD
    KimD

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I feel intimidated because I don't really know computers to well and I hope that I don't break any rules. I became a JW in 1981. I left in 91. I have so many questions. I live in Georgia in the town of Jonesboro. Jonesboro is about 20 miles south of Atlanta.

I have been reading this site for many years. I have realized that I really was gullible and didn't understand much about the organization. All I know is that I loved my friends in the congregation and when I left, I suffered tremendously. I didn't pray for at least 8 years because I knew that Jehovah wouldn't listen to my prayers. I'm ok now thanks to this site.

I would love to talk to others who have left. Is their anyone here that is close to where I live?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum KimD ask any questions you like, were not very judgemental here but we certainly are open, knowledgeable and compassionate..

• KimD
    KimD

Thank you Finkelstein. :)

I guess I should tell my story but I think I will need to write it down first so that it's not confusing. One thing that confuses me is that I thought that if a person was at Bethel...that they were not compensated...did that include the governing body?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi KimD, welcome to the forum.

Yeah, we were all gullible, one way or another.

Don't feel too intimated, we're all rooting for you.

I look forward to more of your posts.

LUHE

• KimD
    KimD

Thank you so very much. LUHE :)

I really don't know how much knowledge that I can give but I do know how it feels to leave the JW religion. I wasn't even raised in it but when I left I was devastated and lost. I felt so ashamed. Now, I'm angry. I let the elders bully me and mistreat me.

Thank you for your response.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Welcome. We live about 4 hours from you in Alabama. Just started fading after 38 years of activity.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I thought that if a person was at Bethel...that they were not compensated...did that include the governing body?

I far as I know the Bethel workers were given a small financial pay once a month , GB members I would assume were given more since their position is perceived to permanent and continuous.

The GB members get a lot more such as cars to drive, complete medical and dental coverage, air flights to travel around the world and when they do arrive at a destination, they get treated like celebrities.

Its good to be the top dog in this organization, particularly for men and their wives who probably dont have any retirement funds to live off.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We don't live anywhere close to Atlanta, but we are still only a few keystrokes away.

WELCOME!

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome to the forum Kim.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome KimD!

You are with friends here - a safe and upbuilding place full of people who just get it! We understand all you have been through and will provide the support needed.

Much love!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit