I threw my pearls away

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I agree Prisca, as I stated at the beginning of this thread, some people feel a sense of relief by ridding themselves of JW literarure in a sense a ritual to extricate the plague from their lives. However, all too often sometime later they regret having acted in haste, because that literature proves valuable in exposing the Watchtower Society as two-faced liars who contradict themselves in doctrine time and again. Not to mention even if you do not wish to keep the books for your own records and reseach, auctioning them or selling them can be a valuable enterprise because some articles go for a pretty penny.

There, I posted back on the relevant topic. Happy now?

• Prisca
    Prisca

at Reborn. It's all in good fun.

You should come over to Oz and see how cool us Aussies girl are.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    . It's all in good fun.

I know. I am just a smartass and being sarcastic right back at ya.

You should come over to Oz and see how cool us Aussies girl are.

I'd enjoy that. Too bad I live on the other side of the planet. One can wonder and hope though for sometime in the future eh?

• SYN
    SYN
    Now I made a good clean-up. I only kept a bible, song book, and not much more.

Why did you keep all the worst ones? That song book specifically should be burned in the middle of a pentagram chalked on the floor, preferably surrounded by candles, as far as I'm concerned. YUCK!

Seriously though, you could probably have made money off all that old lit, possibly recouping some of your investment in past years. Oh well, it's too late now!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

<I>That song book specifically should be burned in the middle of a pentagram chalked on the floor, preferably surrounded by candles, as far as I'm concerned. YUCK!</I>

Nope. Incorrect ritual (burning anything in the middle of a pentagram chalked on the floor leaves nasty marks on the linoleum) (besides, only newbies need chalk )

Correct ritual would involve moving counter-clockwise in a circle (banishing direction), cutting the literature with knives or scissors while saying "I cut all ties this belief system has on me" and burning lots of black candles to banish negativity...followed by a big literature bonfire *outside* in a safe location.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit