I threw my pearls away

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

I couldn't bring myself to throw them away, so my roomate and I went through every book CAREFULLY and made sure that there was no markings on it that could be traced to me... then I dropped 3 boxes off at the KH when nobody was there. I only kept my bible.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Have you got to the phase of throwing all JW literature away

Yes. I felt bad about it, but I didn't have the room in storage for it.

I have a bible and a PE book

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

I threw my books away two months ago. I thought about taking them back to the KH but thought "would I want these given to someone else to be mislead like I was?"

I put them all in a black garbage bag, and poured a can of soda over the contents, to be sure they would never be salvaged. Such a relief swept over me.

To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh. Ecclesiastes 12:12

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I completely understand the urge to destroy one's old WT library - I did it myself many many years ago.

Now, however, I wish I had some of that stuff. If anyone else is thinking of disposing of old publications, send me a sub-space transmisson detailing what you have on hand... okay?

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I'm saving mine, just in case I go back.

~Beck~

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL @ Beck!

If you even contemplated going back I would have to give you a spanking!

*** Ducks away because I do not want to be crucified for hijacking the thread or deterring from the initial subject. It is Beck's fault I swear it! ***

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    If you even contemplated going back I would have to give you a spanking!

The only thing I'll be contemplating is what colour Gees to wear for my spanking

~Beck~

btt - sorry JH

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    The only thing I'll be contemplating is what colour Gees to wear for my spanking

Ya know, black, pink, red, and a dark blue would all go exceptionally well with your skin complexion.

Thinking devious thoughts and immoral, corrupt things about Beck now.

I suppose I need to find a local body of elders and confess my sins so as to get their geriatric jollies off listening to it.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Beck comes back for just one day, and already the moral tone of this board has started to sink *shakes head sadly*

I've kept all my literature. In fact, my library of WT literature has grown since I left, especially the older books. I find them good for research, proving how their doctrines have changed over the years. I still have family in, so I've kept them mainly for that purpose. Possibly if I didn't have any family connections to the JWs, I may have thrown out my WT library.

If anyone is going to throw away their JW stuff, I'd suggest asking around to see if anyone wants the books, as many do. Or sell them on Ebay, and make some money out of them. After all, you had to pay for them at one time, eh?

• JH
    JH
    Beck comes back for just one day, and already the moral tone of this board has started to sink *shakes head sadly*

Beck is sunshine for my eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit