The Governing Body - Both sides of their coin

by Ron.W. 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Watchtower 2013 November 15 p.20 "At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. "

Yes, said 10 years ago (just reporting, not supporting

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“…All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive…

…now, help yourselves to these mysterious unidentified pills, and a fresh glass of Kool-Aid to wash ‘em down with…”

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot: “It’s insidious…” 😁

"Just like The Federation"

I managed to find most of the "especially the lies" episode. You're right about the malfunctioning device in his head, it's also the one where he let the kids go. Given that the episode was highlighting how little objective truth comes from Garak, I wonder if that incident even happened.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot: "Every idea we have is a blessing from God! Even the stuff we cribbed from Satan’s World!”

Their very structure is that of a business. It probably didn't look much like a religion under Russell, and certainly didn't once Rutherford got his claws into it.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Blondie: another weird paradox. It says, more or less, "Even if it is objectively wrong, if we say it, it's right".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ray Franz mentioned seeing that attitude in COC, and being bothered by it.

I think it’s pretty obvious by now that the Org insists on that policy specifically because they’re objectively wrong.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

So many times it’s been drilled into us follow direction even if it doesn’t make sense just obey.

what annoys me is how we keep getting covid brought up like the GBs direction protected everyone. They want to get credit for telling everyone to wear masks and wash hands and isolate. But they were late giving that direction, we were still going to meetings and then they said meet in peoples homes for the last week before zoom and nobody was wearing masks at that stage which was the most dangerous part. They were too late, and then there was the stupid late direction which was after covid was just like a cold and it went on far longer than was necessary, the time when covid wasn’t that bad anymore. They had it exactly the wrong way around.

And then there are still the answers up in the watchtower about how great the GB direction that the covid vaccines were safe and from Jehovah.

Follow direction no mater what, even if it is exactly the wrong way around

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

We don't control, micro manage you or tell you what to do - everything is your own personal choice dictated by your own bible trained conscience.

If you are a brother, you may now grow a beard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit