The Governing Body - Both sides of their coin

by Ron.W. 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

How many can you think of...

They speak for God.

It would seem presumptuous to say they speak for God,

They are neither inspired nor infallible.

They are God's only channel for issuing truth here on earth

They won't be apologising for any errors/falsehoods they have promoted in the past that fail.

Congregation members must be quick and apologise for their errors to avoid harsh discipline/disfellowshipping.

When they change a major belief/doctrine you must not complain or criticise them.

Try changing your beliefs whilst still a jw and see if they complain or criticise you..

I'm sure you can think of more...

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

This is known as "doubletalk" or "doublethink." Doubletalk is use of deliberately ambiguous or confusing language to deceive. This tactic creates confusion, making it difficult for others to pin down the true intentions or positions of the speaker.

Perhaps this dilemma or uncertainty they are trying to create is a specific technique designed and used to increase dependency on them. Normally, this continous doubletalk (and new lights coming in all the time) is supposed to make people question and wake up after a while, but it is interesting that this is not the case for most JWs. It seems that the deceptive scheme they have set up has a much more complex structure and the double language is only part of it.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

No clerical hierarchey--but they do along with titles from pioneer to GB etc.

discourage higher education....want legal and medical volunteers

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I must be getting soft because lately I am feeling sad for JWs (EXCEPT for the GB and their helpers and Legal and Public Relations and Service Dept and Treasury and IT and Teaching and Writing and Kitchen staff).

Why do I not feel sorry for Kitchen staff? If you ate at Bethel every day for years and years, you know why.

But I am feeling sorry for all the rest because they are trapped, 100% dependent on the org to provide for them - materially or spiritually - neither of which is substantive. Imagine how desperate being in a situation like that feels.

I was in their situation and when it really hit me that I was trapped, I LEFT. It was hard, but I am free now - FREE!

This morning I had a toasted bagel with cream cheese and marmalade jelly for breakfast and realized how good life can really be !!!!!!!!!

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Rom W. - Perfect synopsis of their duplicity!!!! I will use this as my own,

Sincerely,

Claudine Gay

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy
    This morning I had a toasted bagel with cream cheese and marmalade jelly for breakfast and realized how good life can really be !!!!!!!!!

Amen! One JW friend of mine used to work in the Kitchen at Brooklyn then at Wallkill for years. Every time I'd question the WT's viewpoint on some things saying they seemed disconnected from the reality we are living in the real world, he'd excuse them by saying that they were living in an institutionalized and controlled system and so that guided their perspectives. He saw it as a protection for those in Bethel; I saw it as narrow-mindedness and he'd just shake his head.

How freeing it is to be able to decide what you want to do, to eat, to drink, to wear. Uniformity at Bethel is only about control and conformity. And my friend would say living at an "Institution" is not good for some people. After a few years he married and had to leave Bethel, when their first child came along. I can't imagine how it would be for children growing up inside that type of institutionalized atmosphere. And yet we know some families did, such as the medical doctor's family and others with specialized skills.

The WT is all about control.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Terrible things are happening in the world.

This means the end is coming because "there will be wars and reports of wars..."

Good things are happening in the world.

This means the end is coming because there will be a cry of "peace and security."

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

GrreatTeacher, those aren't unique to the WT. The doomsayers of "mainstream" Christianity (they're usually free agents who have their own "ministries") use exactly the same verses and tactics.

Nevertheless, well spotted! 👍👌

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“Everything is proof we’re right! Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!”

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

NotFormer, just wanted to let you know that I wasn't the one to downvote you.

Thanks for the comment.

In general, I feel like people appreciate directed responses over simple up/down votes, and it keeps conversations lively and interactive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit