JW sisters reaction to the cutbacks

by umbertoecho 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I had gone away for a rest and came back to pick my animals up. (Yes we share one common thing. The love of animals)

Without prompting she said to me. " The society is starting to cut back here in Australia as there is not enough money"

Me: "Isn't that the logical thing to do when there is a deficit?"

She: " There is talk of our kingdom halls being sold off and four meetings being held in halls where there were two"

Me: " Are you afraid of being sent back to your old building?"

She, looking upset. So uncertain for the first time I have ever known her to be..." "No, not really, it's just that there is not enough money to cover costs"

Me: " But I do believe you believe men are the cause of this and not God?".

She avoided that one but I could see she was disturbed for the first time ever.

She is so upset and confused. The arrogant wind is not blowing her sails. She is wondering without being aware of her own doubt.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

She is so upset and confused. The arrogant wind is not blowing her sails. She is wondering without being aware of her own doubt.

Haaaaaaa... that cracked me up!!!!!

I really believe some jws are reaching the ...WTF moment?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe it will scare some JWs into contributing more.

And maybe it will convince some it's a lost cause and to stop wasting money on it.

It could go either way.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    What did she think of the ARC?
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Good to see that the arrogance is dying down. You know things are bad when even the die-hard ones start to show signs of discontentment! By the way, how's your nephew doing?
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Is she just talking about rumours she has heard ? or something more official from an Elder or someone with more credentials.

Just asking

smiddy

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Very telling indeed. The rot is beginning.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    rip van winkle..........She is terrified of the ARC. It is still going on here. The money is being drained out of Australia incase the RC causes legislation to " take" what is not offered freely, by the religious culprits; Money first !!!! :Honesty last.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    Smiddy. The local kingdom hall that she attends with her family and they are (the elders) have had to consider this "move" for it comes from Sydney and therefore.............America. Australia is small fry compared to some parts of the world. Australian "Bethel" is expendable. I have never had such an insight into into the actual fears of her religion as I had seen that day. She is a good barometer for the "ailments" that are besieging the society.
  • Listener
    Listener

It must be very hard for those JWs who have been in for a long time to see their KH being sold under their noses. Many of these JWs donated a lot of money in order to help finance their own Halls.

I imagine the extra distance that they will have to travel once their KH is sold must be frustrating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit