JW sisters reaction to the cutbacks

by umbertoecho 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I think people always had pride in the organization, how efficient it was, how organized. They may not have understood why things were done a certain way, but they trusted that the GB knew what they were doing and were under Jehovah's direction, and that the work that was so important would always get done. It must be quite a shock to be confronted with obvious signs that they might not actually know what they are doing. One or two things could be ignored, but there are so many signs of trouble it's getting harder and harder to pretend that everything is fine.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What LisaRose said.

Also, let's not forget that "pride" will be a key factor in the persecution complex, which will be the first line of defense used by dubs to "Splane" all these cut-backs.

The ORG simply cannot be reaping what they have sown. That is NOT an option as the ORG can do no wrong. Any "perceived wrongdoing" is in YOUR mind only.

DD

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thank you, umbertoecho!

It is so very interesting, and a GIANT piece of the puzzle to hear how people are reacting to the things going on in Australia, as we hopefully shall soon see things happening in other lands.

It also gives us insight as to how WT reacts to such events, and possible further actions that they may take.

thx, cha ching!

PS: I think that everyday ordinary jdubs are so busy on their hamster wheels, that until they are connected to reality.... moving to different KHalls, being told one thing, while experiencing another.... they just do not perceive reality.... and when they do get a glimpse... the cogs in their brain start turning..... Glad you gave us some insight!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Yes I agree that that there are only 68k JWs in Australia. But when you consider the lands around the Pacific it services that number can inflate quite a bit. Australia is also quite a wealthy country with relative political stability and low levels of corruption. Something that a corporation of this size would see as favourable as opposed to operating out of a country like Indonesia or Papua New Guinea which no doubt would have lower operational costs.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I think WT operations will become such, that eventually everything can be controlled remotely from the US or maybe some secret undisclosed location. We all know how paranoid they are, couple that with the fact that now they actually have reason to believe people/victims/lawyers are in fact out to get them and I can see them making strategic withdrawals all over the globe.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

LisaRose: there are so many signs of trouble it's getting harder and harder to pretend that everything is fine.

True dat!

• kookie
    kookie
    sparrowdown I think you are spot on!! and the reason they have so much to hide.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Recent circumstances are definately making it easier for fakers, faders, and fence-sitters to decide to leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit