Am I at the right place?

by AnotherJohn 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Couldn't possibly be the return of PimoElder could it?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Couldn't possibly be the return of PimoElder could it?

As one door closes, another door opens. I wondered that myself TBH.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome to the forum.

Also no or none? They found Jericho - yes, but this doesn't mean Jericho's walls were flattened by God-magic, lol.

PS

People are free to have religious beliefs but those beliefs aren't exempted from rational inquiry.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Hi AnotherJohn, and welcome.

I am pretty sure we have at least a few religious people here. Leaving the JWs doesn't mean leaving religion or God, although that's a good reason to leave. And as exJWs, we have a number of things we can discuss without worrying about whether God exists or not.

Enjoy your stay!

• AnotherJohn
    AnotherJohn

Simon, I am not out to convince you. Impossible. So relax.

But you didn’t refute things with any proof either. And how about the nuclear glass? Ancient Astronaut Theories think it’s from a nuclear blast. No other way to create it. At least they try to deal with these real objects. The only difference is interpreting The Who of the mystery.

The things dug up, like the wall with Pilate’s name on it isn’t random. They said he, Pilate didn’t exist. It shows “ true” history that agrees with the Bible.

Even the Big Bang Theory allows for an unknown outside force causing a potential difference in nothing (mathematically this requires 2 different Zero points). All there was as nothing and no time.

So, those who would choose to discount any idea or evidence, you don’t have enough education, experience, self discipline or imagination to actually judge things greater than your next meal. Lol. That’s my opinion.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Just because Pilate turned out to be a real Governor that happened to be alive around the time Jesus is said to have walked the Earth does not make the bible correct about every claim it makes.

I'm sure at some point there has been a young man by the name of Peter Parker living in New York City. That doesn't make Spiderman comic books a fact.

• Simon
    Simon
    I am not out to convince you. Impossible. So relax.

The only accurate thing you've said, 'cause so far all I've heard from you is gibberish and not-so-well-disguised insults.

I don't think this site is for you, or more accurately, we're not here for you to waste our time.

• AnotherJohn
    AnotherJohn

I will leave your echo chamber. All you want is to hear yourself and any agreements to your voice.

Point was, you couldn’t explain it. And of course you dismiss each little fact. They add up though. If each little fact builds on another, then like any reasonable person, one can theorize about it being fact.

This was just a exploration on my part. Remember? This, in fact was just an introduction.

I see this site is so 5 or so of you can berate everyone and make yourselves feel good. You couldn’t be more like the JWs if you were trying. And yes. But I detected insult in your intro. to me. Dish it out, I’ll dish it back. I’m not a weakling, crying because nobody likes me, not like many that must suffer your petty abuse.

,I may introduce a real subject line. Feel very free to ignore it and let someone less negative tell me their opinion. Your’s is duly noted already.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Just because Pilate turned out to be a real Governor that happened to be alive around the time Jesus is said to have walked the Earth does not make the bible correct about every claim it makes.

I’m kind of a bit Gob - Smacked by the xjw community that says there is no historical or factual foundation for the bible.

What about the last ruling monarch of the Babylonian empire. Belshazzar who's father was Nabonidus. Something that wasn’t discovered until the 1860’s. Interestingly it was only in the book of Daniel that recorded this.

• Simon
    Simon
    Point was, you couldn’t explain it.

Couldn't explain what?

Ancient Astronaut Theorists? Whatever they are - substance abuse or brain-damage.

Nuclear Glass? Whatever that is, probably asteroid strikes.

And of course you dismiss each little fact.

No, I dismiss the conclusion you reach which the facts don't support. We've posted good examples, where a fact about something in a story happening to be true, isn't proof that the entire story itself or another part of it, is true.

They add up though. If each little fact builds on another, then like any reasonable person, one can theorize about it being fact.

If you have facts, you don't need to theorize. If you're theorizing, you're guessing / hoping / making shit up.

You have already made your mind up what you want to believe, then you go scratching around for any little snippet that you can twist to support it. Stop pretending you are doing anything remotely scientific.

You "believe". Bravo. Belief is the absence of both evidence and reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit