Am I at the right place?

by AnotherJohn 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon
    A lot of these things were foretold and be pointed out in the Bible.
    ... Keep it truthful ...

I don't think these things are compatible.

And I believe the WT society has led the JWs off track ...
    My last communication with an overseer went badly and I don’t know what I said that made it political and then Apostate.

I think these things are linked.

• joao
    joao

Don't forget that the foundations of Jehovah's Witnesses have very little biblical support, and I'm being euphemistical...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Don't forget that the Bible has very little geographical, historical and scientific support for any of it's supernatural and miraculous claims.

None in fact.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

But honestly, I wish you a soft landing here and hope everyone gives you enough room to be yourself and get settled in.

Can you at least let us know if you're young? Middle aged? Senior?

• Simon
    Simon

Please don't state things as facts that simply cannot be proven. Any "prophesy" in the bible comes down to interpretation and, usually, hindsight ...

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Welcome to this site! I personally believe in the Universe and science. I have alot of trouble with the Bible as being a thinking(scientist mind). But I don't judge. If this makes you sleep comfortably at night, more power to you.

• AnotherJohn
    AnotherJohn

Interesting response. That’s again. I’ll tell you about myself my next post.

I’ll have to investigate some of your vocabulary. I thought I knew what political, apostate, and “ no proof”.

That’s hard to get past. No proof. Ancient Astronaut Theorists might disagree. Lol. They good at finding things that don’t fit the accepted history. Also no or none? They found Jericho. They found Jashua’s canal and crypt in Egypt. What do you want them to find? Nuclear glass at the sites of Sodom and Germora? Lol. They did.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I’m confident enough not to be damaged by someone’s opinion. Would like to know if anyone actually agrees.

Sorry atheists, you probably have no interest and that’s OK. Lol

• Simon
    Simon
    Also no or none? They found Jericho. They found Jashua’s canal and crypt in Egypt. What do you want them to find?

These are not proof. Someone finds "something" and says "hey, this could be XYZ out of the bible!"

That's not really proof of what they end up claiming. Found an old piece of wood? Noahs ark!!!

Also, writers of fiction throughout history have always set stories in real-world settings with other real-world characters, but just because the setting exists doesn't make the story true.

It's like an archeologist in the future finding modern day New York and deciding that Avengers End-Game must therefore have really happened.

Personally, I think you're trolling or lack the ability to discuss things properly.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Personally, I think you're trolling or lack the ability to discuss things properly.

There’s been many over the years. Things don’t change,

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome AnotherJohn. Like Simon mentioned, scriture vomiting or copy paste religious stuff is not welcome.

I tend to comment on Watchtower(tm) things and discuss those because I feel this forum is more about our ExJW experience, not giving our views on why we think we're right an no one else is. I don't argue Bible because it's an utter waste of time. Everyone has their thoughts, mine are mine alone.

Anyway, (anyways with an 's' on the end if you're American), the JW's are just a big corporation, after money and pretending to be a religion. They're not....just a big business providing booze for TOMO 3 and shelter for sexual predators of the worst kind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit