Am I at the right place?

by AnotherJohn 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AnotherJohn
    AnotherJohn

Who is here?

I’m still a good Christian. I still believe the Bible.

I don’t like the WT Society, but some of the people, as individuals are good. There are many nasty JWs also.

I have concerns about current events and how close the End actually is. The JWs won’t answer my questions. Won’t discuss, no chapter and verse, nothing.

Are there any fellow Christians here? And can we discuss the Bible and current events?

• Simon
    Simon

If you're here for real honest discussion, yes. If you just intend to vomit bible quotes, no.

But yes, leaving the WTS doesn't make you a good person or a bad person, an atheist or a christian. You'll find examples of all those. A mistake is believing that everyone who leaves is the same, or left for good reasons. Equally, we shouldn't imaging all JWs are bad, sad or whatever, just because they haven't left.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome aboard AnotherJohn!

Who is here you ask.

Quite a mixed bag actually; Atheists, Agnostics, Apostates, Apposers, PIMOs,, POMOs, PIMIs ( BTW PIMIs - Physically Ins, Mentally Ins tend not to last last too long here) as well as Christians of varying persuasions, like myself. There is no mercy here for the self righteous but plenty of good discussion once you relax and get a feel for the place,

PTL

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Who is here you ask.

Quite a mixed bag actually; Atheists, Agnostics, Apostates, Apposers, PIMOs,, POMOs, PIMIs ( BTW PIMIs - Physically Ins, Mentally Ins tend not to last last too long here) as well as Christians of varying persuasions, like myself. There is no mercy here for the self righteous but plenty of good discussion once you relax and get a feel for the place,

Along with this there are a few of us that still believe in God, yet don't believe in the bible and bible based religions.

• joao
    joao

Welcome on-board!

I'm one of those the WT calls an apostate! I don't mind. Jesus was the biggest of them all and I follow his example! 😀

Don't be afraid... Jesus said that only his father knows the date. So, no worries. You're only supposed to follow his lead and not the one of WT. Do your best. If you study the Bible, you'll see that they are another false prophet...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i'm not a christian--not in the least interested in the bible..god..jesus..angels etc. All poppycock. Grew up as a JW--left when i was a married man with pregnant wife when i realised i couldnt maintain the religious sham any more.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I am a former JW, who is also an active practicing christian. The theological term that you are looking for is called “eschatology.” This is based on the prophecies in Mathew 24 and 2 Timothy 3:1-3. I’m sure you will find an abundance of material if you google search this word. Unsurprisingly a lot of it does not fit the Wt narrative. I find it interesting that the JWs were not able to show you bible verses, considering they are an Adventist type group, who’s very foundation is based on this. It’s just there interpretation that I disagree with e.g 1914 etc.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Welcome Aboard John. Check your PM.

• AnotherJohn
    AnotherJohn

Thank you. It should be interesting if not downright entertaining.

I will respectfully challenge my beliefs by allowing you to tear me up. I will share information and true experiences and I will tell you now, we have been lied to our whole lives and those who taught us didn’t know any better.

The only truth in the world is the Bible. Our knowledge has been refined down the ages. Things are getting interesting politically, religiously, and environmentally to the whole planet. A lot of these things were foretold and be pointed out in the Bible.

So hang on. Don’t get mad. Keep it truthful and respectful. If you hate this stuff, stay away from my posts and/or tell me not to reply. It’s all ok.

I am just happy to find you and get some of this stuff out, examined and maybe help someone somewhere, maybe myself.

warning: My God is Jehovah. My king is Jesus, God’s son

But I can’t be a witness. I agree with 90 percent of their “older” beliefs. They don’t except theories not in their publications. Even when I’m right. Or my examples are effective.

And I believe the WT society has led the JWs off track. They were the last group to refine Bible knowledge. I hope Rev 2 & 3 will be fulfilled because decades ago, it was a nice church.

But I won’t count on it. My last communication with an overseer went badly and I don’t know what I said that made it political and then Apostate. What???

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Welcome to the group. I'm an exJW now atheist. I don't bite.

Much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit