Watchtower January 2022 The Memorial

by Listener 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener

Next years memorial article focuses on the two class system that they promote.

Interestingly, they mention how the anointed are in two covenants. The new covenant and the Kingdom covenant. They claim that both of these covenants opened up the way for a small number to become Kings and Priests in heaven. I don't think they've been so specific about this before. They are distinguishing two covenants that do exactly the same thing.

They also write that once in Heaven, they will be serving alongside Jesus and that they are co-rulers. I never realised this before but they are teaching that they will be Kings together with Jesus, no longer serving under his rulership. This makes the millenial rulership of Jesus a nonsense as they are saying it is the rulership of Jesus and Russell, Rutherford, Tony Morris, Jackson, Herd, Lett, Splane and the rest.

However, further on in the article, they say that the anointed are serving under the leadership of Jesus. I guess they can't make up their mind. Other articles explain that Jesus is the High Priest and the anointed are underpriests so maybe that is the distinction.

They write that one of the reasons that the other sheep must attend the memorial is as follows -

16 Another reason why we attend the Memorial is that we want to obey Jesus. Regardless of our hope for the future, we take personally the command that Jesus gave on the night he instituted the Memorial: “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”​—1 Cor. 11:23, 24.

Since those scriptures include the instruction to partake then it must include the other sheep otherwise they are claiming that part of Jesus' instructions included the other sheep and the rest didn't. Jesus made no such distinction.

They are holding their memorial on Friday 22nd April.

• Ding
    Ding

"Keep doing this in remembrance of me" means "show up and watch but don't partake of anything because the new covenant in my body and blood is not for you"???

• waton
    waton

have not read the article, but the 11 apostles (may be 12) were of the earthly class aka other sheep, at the time of partaking at the last supper. , and

the new covenant is for all members of the 12 tribes, whereas

the kingdom covenant is only for the 144 000 that are sealed out of them. similarly

all israelites were in the old Mosaic covenant only a few in the Davidic covenant for kingship.

if wt would listen to Jesus, they would repeat his words, eat, drink, all of you, this new covenant is about forgiveness of sins, later we will talk about another matter, the ruling. again.

wt still has not got that right, slow learners.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I don't remember there being two (NT) covenants previously. Am I not remembering correctly? Is this a new thing?

However they've always said the 144000 would be "kings and priests with Jesus", I'm sure of that. So I suppose they always claimed them as being co-rulers in heaven.

• Listener
    Listener

Diogenesister - the two covenants mentioned in this article is not a new teaching but they don't talk about it often. The Insight book under 'Covenants' makes the distinction.

It looks like you are right about them always teaching that as Kings in heaven the will co-rule with Jesus. I didn't realize that they mean they won't be under Jesus but will be ruling alongside him. I can't find what Bible verses they use to support this idea.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Revelation 20:6:

Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection;+ over these the second death+ has no authority,+ but they will be priests+ of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

However they've always said the 144000 would be "kings and priests with Jesus", I'm sure of that.

That`s what I`ve always understood as well Dio,

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Just remember, this will not be our last memorial

• wokeup
    wokeup

Did anyone see Sam Herd at the annual meeting? He was gleefully excited describing his anticipation going to heaven to go on a killing spree , killing all of ‘Jehovahs Enemies’. He was shaking and giddy talking about it. I don’t think that is the ‘one hope’ the New Testament Speaks about.

• Rafe
    Rafe

When you really think about it the leaders of the WTS (GB) have always scripted out their own glorification and power.

It has worked for them for over 100 years now, so why stop if keeps them in power as designated earthly kings ?

More importance for themselves than Jesus Christ and the importance and adherence to his words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit