Resolution passing with zoom

by jonahstourguide 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Wow, its just about always been this way, but to outright say that the elders will help you understand the reasoning behind this- that sure sounds like a warning not to raise your hand.

I might have done it anyway. I was slow to leave but was waking up in my last few years.

• Reboot1979
    Reboot1979

Was this passive consent procedure followed by other congregations too?

I wonder what will happen when in time it turns out that congregations are struggling to pay up. I know in the Netherlands our congregation 'accepted' a similar resolution about 10 years ago to finance our new assembly hall and we had a hard time sticking to the agreement. What can the org do when congregations cannot live up to their commitment?

Reboot

• Ding
    Ding

"All those in favor, say aye."

"Everyone else, say aye anyway..."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What can the org do when congregations cannot live up to their commitment?

The servant body will be hard pressed to make up any difference lest they be ridiculed when the CO drops in on them. Not living up to the commitment will be seen as "spiritual weakness" for that Cong and especially for the Elders/MS.

I'm not sure that the Zoom procedure was all that much different from how it was handled in meetings. They were always "unanimous" because anyone who did actually question such things was too intimidated to go against the crowd. But I'm sure more and more PIMO's are rebelling by shutting their wallets. (It's all about the money!)

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

This is the comment I made a few days ago when this resolution was presented in my locality:

The resolution was not unanimous in my area.

I sent an email to the secretary specifically stating NOT IN FAVOR. Good Lord, you would have thought that it was the end of the world judging by the s--t that hit the fan. I was only too willing to state the reasons why I was not in favor of increasing the financial load on now unemployed R&F thanks to COVID-19. No new building, no remodels, no CO's traveling. Oh, but the CO's still have expenses said the elder. I replied with a WT quote that the FIRST responsibility for financial help was family, then gubmint programs, then finally the congregation IF the other resources had been tried and exhausted.

Only one meeting later I find out that the login password has been changed with the message, "The password entered does not exist." The elder who received my email changed it and I am "officially" banned. Some days just turn out to be better than others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit