faithful and discreet slave appointed in 1919?

by enoughisenough 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

Right, and no outside neutral third parties can corroborate who/what "Jesus selected"

The only people concluding that Jesus selected the governing body of an US corporation are the governing body of said US corporation.

The appointed themselves knowing Jesus would, as always, remain silent.

Its a big circle jerk sham.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Disillusioned JW:

Hey Jeffro, regarding their 1919 teaching of "The ‘Jews to be restored to their homeland’ is literal' is something they got right

They didn’t ‘get it right’ due to any special knowledge, nor due to anything magical about the Jews or the source material. Jews and Christians both had a vested interested in working towards ‘restoring the Jews to their homeland’, which is therefore unremarkable. Ascribing anything special to the Bible Student belief is an example of confirmation bias.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Jeffro, nothing in my post ascribed anything special about the Bible Student belief that the Jews would be restored to their homeland. I thus was not manifesting confirmation bias. I merely made a correct statement. Perhaps you are the one who manifested confirmation bias when you incorrectly implied that I had manifested confirmation bias. It appears that you read into post more than what I stated in my post.

I am well aware that a number of people were working to get the Jews restored to their home land.

• Riley
    Riley

Maybe I just selectively listen but I always find that every meeting basically revolves around the superiority of the WTS and some batshit crazy unique dogma or legalism.

The 1914 thing has always been some crazy self annoited nonsense.

- I am the worlds best guitar player.

-How do you know ?

- I have a trophy

-Who bought you that trophy ?

-Well, I did because I am the world best guitar player.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Disillusioned JW:

I merely made a correct statement. Perhaps you are the one who manifested confirmation bias when you incorrectly implied that I had manifested confirmation bias. It appears that you read into post more than what I stated in my post.

Ho hum... 🙄 I also made correct statements. I did not say that you had necessarily ascribed anything special, but I correctly pointed out that to do so would be fallacious.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Bible Students... = B.S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit