What does it take to qualify for cart/trolley work?

by Londo111 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

Do you have a link to that article?

• freddo
    freddo

Local cong. it is usually most publishers who would be allowed to aux. pioneer. However smellies, crazies, elder-baiters need not apply.

Metropolitan (circuit organised for a larger town or city and it's the reg. pios plus solid elders, min. servs and their wives and a handful of favoured exemplary publishers allowed by the service committee.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

In my area the qualifications appear to be

* old

*needs walking aid

*bored

*don't know, don't care attitude a must

*can supply your own lawn chair

*knee blankie a must

*creepy as...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Before I officially left, I did the cart work several times....and yet I was a closet apostate for years before!

So, where was the Holy Spirit?

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Just before I left it was becoming so micromanaged. The CO was coming with instructions form head office on exactly hows to lay the carts out, which books/tracts to put where, how to line them all up. How to place two carts next to each other in the right configuration etc etc.. I was thinking next we will have point of sale marketing experts coming in to advise us....

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

And then there was the whole insurance issue which was one of the things that started to wake me up. The fact that the Society wanted to distance itself legally from the carts and wanted the brothers to have their own private insurance. And wanted the brothers to say they were doing the work of their now initiative if they got into any legal troubles, that they were not instructed by the Society in any way, which was an outright lie as per my above comments...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes doubtfull! In what other world would someone take personal legal responsibility for work they were doing at the direction of head-office??

That made me have a WTH moment too! I questioned the local bros, and one has taken out a small policy under his name. So what happens if someone from the public trips on the cart on the day he is NOT there?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It isn't a brain.

• Gorbatchov
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Preaching on the drive is not for everyone, says Stet. "We look for people representative:. Young, well dressed, friendly smiles One very bluntly by letting people not convinced a crippled old human being."

This is how Google translate badly rendered it. Can you give a better translation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit