New Memorial Songs Were Very Good, IMO

by RubaDub 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I guess we can agree to differ, but I personally found the new Memorial songs (147, 149) to be very good, at least from a musical perspective.

Rub a Dub

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    If you were to chose, which one would you suggest for a Karaoke party?
  • stillin
    stillin
    I simply couldn't find the melody. The refrain made a little more sense, but overall it's going to take a lot more practice.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Ha Ha, well " The Book of Mormon" is a very successful West End, Musical, so why not turn the Memorial in to a Musical:-

The Memorial: The most over-hyped musical on " Gods" earth, available at all reputable Kingdom Halls, this hughly popular show is attended worldwide by millions each year, some call it " Why are you refusing Jesus blood?". Anyway one thing is for sure this exsiting show has and will continue to run for many, many, more years to come...Amen and " Rubadab".

The Rebel.

p.s : no offense meant to those that take the memorial seriously.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I, a musician, was pleasantly surprised. The orchestration was impressive. It was necessary, of course, to have those handouts.

CC

• prologos
    prologos
    The orchestration had some grandeur too it, admittedly, the melodies no negatives, but the "lift" was not at the scale that the old masters, Bach , Haydn provided, religiously.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The two songs were not bad, comparing to many they have tried.

Guitarists probably noticed a misprint on the second song handout, where they put 'capo 3' should have been 'capo 1'

• Room 215
    Room 215
    To each his own, of course, but I thought they were awful. Brevity was their only virtue.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

The two songs were not bad, comparing to many they have tried.

As droppoff.... mentioned ...

I think these songs were much better than some we have tried to sing in the past year or so.

I honestly did not even try to digest the lyrics ... which is probably something I do not do with music in life in general ...

But I thought the music was pretty good and you can sing it once you get some practice.

Rub a Dub

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Is it possible that the songs were plagiarized?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit