Is there truth in religion

by bola 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bola
    bola

I am asking this questions due to the teachings, beliefs and practices of different religions.

• bola
    bola

Some religious people like the christians and the muslims ask me which religion I belong to. And they usually advice me to join one. That, if not, I will not go to their place of eternal rest.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = no but there is emotion

• atomant
    atomant

There could be .

• quincemyles
    quincemyles

Religion is a relic of the Ancient Near Eastern way of thinking. There's no true religion.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

You can hardly expect to find truth from such a strongly biased narrow minded way of black and white thinking? Common sense says a resounding: NO !

I think religions that gives you absolutes like that need to be put on community board watch out for list. And flush their bull shit down the toilet and fine the dirty shit head for spreading their bull shit on the public in court.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

nope, it is all a social club for morons.

• cofty
    cofty

Your question "is there truth in religion" is a bit vague.

Did Jesus rise from the dead? No

Did Mohammed ascend to heaven on a winged horse? No

Is there any truth or value in any aspect of religion? Probably.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Probably some common truisms amonst them, general principles that are universally applicable. The stories and accounts themselves are more useful if viewed as allegories as there's usually some kind of moral or lesson to be gleaned, but the lesson the original writer intended is hard to know sometimes because of differences in cultural context . Trouble with religion it treats stories and illistrations as literal and mixes in its own erroneous interpretations or outright lies.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

There's some truth in everything,

Even a broken clock is right twice a day,

:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit