If The Jehovah's Witnesses Stole Your Past...Don't Let Them Steal Your Future!

by The Bethelite 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sherman
    Sherman

Focus on what you can do for yourself now, and for others around you

Spot on Simon

Turn the page and close it up, start writing something new and positive for yourself.

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"

A new life awaits us all.

• Overrated
    Overrated

On thing about it. We are no longer riding on a bus going in circles to Disneyland but really to to no where. Giving our time, money, energy, lives to a self serving cult. We can ride now to where we want to go. And do what we like. We have true freedom. Not enslaved like those still in the cult.

• Sherman
    Sherman

I think its important to realize or reflect what was good about the organization.

There were set of rules of behavior and conduct that were enforced by elders and the guidelines set by the top leaders of the Org. that obviously had some practical goodness to them.

On the other hand some were actually quite damaging such as deaths for refusing a blood transfusion, the breaking up of families, to mention a couple.

Not everything outside the Org. is evil.

In a matter of fact there is evil situated in most religious organizations if you closely enough.

We should be now able to accept the fact that people can make their way in life in a wholesome way without relgoius indoctrination, yes it is possible.

I've been trying ever since I left, how about you ?

• just fine
    just fine

Everyday I get to choose:

To be happy

to eat healthy

to exercise

to love my husband

to love my job

to enjoy my life

to not let the JWs have any influence in my life even though I still have family in

Sometimes I forget that all of those things are choices I make, instead of letting outside conditions make those choices for me.

That’s how I have dealt with leaving the JWs - I get to choose everything and will never give that up to any person or organization.

• Sherman
    Sherman

Well said Just Fine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit