Some more background information on Geoffrey Jackson

by Listener 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

Sorry, I meant to include a link in the OP.

From the list of talks go to Jackson, Geoffrey and it's title is
    Interview and Questions from David Schierer KH dedication

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Loraini has got her feet under the table there. Well done Mrs Jackson for marrying up. She can be assured a first class ticket to the new system.

Which poses another question... if your husband goes to heaven, can you remarry in the new world?

I wonder if Jeffrey Jackson was just a normal MS in the KH, would she have looked at him twice? Who knows.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

This just highlights that the GB are full in....they are Captives to the Concept that they are chosen...the very fact that when the Charity Commission asked Jackson about Jesus using a scripture Jackson replied that he would like to ask Jesus the same question when he meets him soon.

Utterly deluded.

But the point about GB meetings is interesting too...I've sat in elders meeting where an elder with a dominant personality will get his way yet it is perceived as "Holy Spirit"...seems true of the GB, I can imagine tight pants Tony getting his way at GB meetings and yet Jackson would think it is indeed Holy Spirit.

Holy Shite more like.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Only thing I can think of is he is 1 year younger than I am. I say that because when I was a kid many of the older ones in the KH would tell me I should not even be there. Young people were not welcome. Also lead to believe anyone in my age group could never be part of the anointed. Remember all the way up to 2009 WT taught the number for the anointed was sealed back in 1935. With that said the only good thing I see is he did was take care of his wife when she was dying.

Since I don't think anyone of the GB are anything special. Why not marry someone younger? They are both consenting adults. It just shows he is just a human and nothing more. Still Totally ADD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't really care about pope whacko Jacko and his life. He can go take a running jump. He, like all the GB, has a face that only a fist would love. They are all charlatans.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

One GB member called Ethiopians in an Addis Abeba restaurant "Wild mountain people" because of their traditions.

G.

• Listener
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    But the point about GB meetings is interesting too...I've sat in elders meeting where an elder with a dominant personality will get his way yet it is perceived as "Holy Spirit"...seems true of the GB, I can imagine tight pants Tony getting his way at GB meetings and yet Jackson would think it is indeed Holy Spirit.

Exactly, I think that's where Jackson's " what happened there" statement comes from, I imagine the more reasonable types heading in a moderate direction when WHAMO in wades Toni with some extremist nonsense which of course wins the day.

SBF: Jackson's wife isn't much younger

Agreed. Polynesians age well so she is probably older than she looks, too, I think she's no more than maximum 15 yrs younger...they worked together, remember.

( I also guessed he'd been chosen in part for his large number of conversions. They think J has been" blessing" his ministry but Polynesians are crazy religious and he was always going to make a killing in that regard).

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Gorby, that sounds like words uttered from Karl Klein

• steve2
    steve2

The story about Sydlik “punching” a young brother and Sydlik’s subsequent retort to his surprised victim is telling: “Who would believe you, son?”

These are the very words many a priest has uttered to members of their flock in the context of abuse of one kind or another. Who would have believed the victims? Indeed, those sentiments prevented many a victim of abuse from coming forward and reporting it.

What these dreary but revealing antidotes tell us is that the GB is as captive to stereotypes and verbal bullying as any other men in positions of power. The comments about Fijian men wearing dresses and the allusions to the dresses rendering men feminine so not needing to be taken seriously helps us make sense of the ethnocentricity and homophobia so rampant in JW organization.

As for nonagenarian Barr’s requested words to the elderly Bible study student, “You better hurry up, Harry” - an update would suggest neither Harry nor Barr (who lived his entire adulthood in the organization) ever really needed to hurry up after all.

Both are well dead

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit