Arthritis pain. What works for you?

by Fisherman 17 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Smiles
    Smiles

Try bee stings?

Clinical Randomized Study

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18807725/

"Conclusion: Combined application of bee-venom therapy and medication is superior to simple use of medication in relieving RA, and when bee-sting therapy used, the commonly-taken doses of western medicines may be reduced, and the relapse rate gets lower."

• carla
    carla

Here are just a few, as always do your own research. Many have been studied and you can find the actual study abstracts online or find summaries of the studies. Do lots and lots of research then do some more.

turmeric with pepper & ginger

chondroitin

cherry juice/pills for gout flare ups (get a quality one they work)

MSM

cats claw

castor oil and or frankincense with a carrier oil- topically

comfrey- topically

apple cider vinegar ingested and topically (do not drink straight, add a shot or 2 in a glass of water add honey/sugar if you are not used to flavor. Drinking straight is not good for your teeth or throat) After awhile you will actually like this as a drink, try adding your capsaicin to it if you like)

coconut oil ingested & topically and mixed with other ingredients

capsaicin both ingested and they make topical or make your own

acupuncture

yoga

walking/moving

changes in diet- removing things that cause you inflammation

old folk remedy of gin soaked raisins here is a quick article if you never heard of that-https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/gin-soaked-raisins-for-arthritis

I think if you want to stay off of pharma drugs as long as possible you may have to find what works for you. Then it seems that one thing may quit working (just like pharma drugs) and you have to find something else. That isn't always the case, I knew someone that once they tried the cherry juice for their gout (after their doctor/drugs was of no help) they swore by it and said they would never be without it again. It was quite effective for them. Usually people resort to alternatives after big pharma/medical fail to help them or they just don't want to be on expensive meds for the rest of their life.

The placebo effect can be quite helpful. If you truly believe this drug or that will help you, your brain & body are quite capable of making chemicals that can ease pain. There are some good books on the placebo effect and don't forget the noceba effect as well.

All the best to you on your journey, hope it is pain free.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Thanks. Looking at ALL suggestions. Helpful. Will try them all. Much appreciated.

Waton, my dad had the hip surgery too in his 90’s local anesthesia only. Wow, it really stopped the pain and it went great. What a relief and improved his quality of life.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Uric acid support/cleanse (herbal combinations) seems to relieve pain for several hours, in my experience.

• Mum
    Mum

Have you tried moringa leaf powder? See the YouTube videos by Big Family Homestead for more information. The guy in the video claims to have cured rheumatoid arthritis and saved thousands of dollars by using moringa.

• vienne
    vienne

One of my granduncles has severe arthritis. He is on Tramadol. Requires a health contract and periodic review. It works indifferently at best, he says. But beyond this is an extreme narcotic and no life to speak of. So he forges on. At 80 he isn't concerned with addiction, he says.

I hope I'm more healthy at that age, assuming I live that long.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Anti inflammatory diet. When I go off and eat things I shouldn't, the pain immediately returns. I don't need medication if I eat right. Saves money and my liver.

• waton
    waton

how about shingels pain.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit