Arthritis pain. What works for you?

by Fisherman 17 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

There are several prescription meds people use to relieve the pain of arthritis. They work by suppressing the immune system or by reducing inflammation. People also use otc anti-inflammatory pills, and even anti-allergy pills are reported to work because of being able to also reduce inflammation but people tell me that they are concerned to use some meds regularly because of potential side effects in long term use. So, I was wondering if anyone can share how they deal with the pain of arthritis or suchlike autoimmune diseases and if they’ve found something not placebo or panacea that works for them.

• Smiles
    Smiles

According to Christ's modern day brothers, absorbing yourself in culty JW minutia will help distract your mind from pain and reality while you chase a fantasy cure just around the corner.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Smiles

This is not a religious topic.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Why is this topic listed under "Watchtower--Medical" ?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Long term use of advil gave me ulcers

• waton
    waton

pain in the hip was cured by a joint replacement, at 91+ no pain left. Has the Gt passed and I slept through it? haha.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Turmeric seems to help. CBD helps. And of course THC helps too!

• Biahi
    Biahi

Marijuana gummies! (They are legal here in Illinois). And they help you sleep, too.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Have you tried the website “stuff that works”? It aggregates the responses of thousands of people to works out what treatments are effective. You need to fill out their questionnaire first to access their data.

Cherries might help with some kinds of joint pains but perhaps not this kind. It helped for me. I now eat a few cherries every couple of days when available.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Have you tried smoking marijuana?

I once felt a migraine coming, so I shared a joint with a mate ... and no headache!

If it's legal in your state, it's gotta be worth a try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit