How Many Of You Knew Something Was Really Wrong Growing Up JW? What was Your First Clue?

by Sea Breeze 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I also didn’t like how the information was presented in the article like it wasn’t so big a deal. But, it was certainly something.

Waves to LHG, yep. Exactly. I asked elders that I was close to about it and they just looked at me and shrugged their shoulders like they did with everything...with the "what do you want me to say" look.

Looks like you and I left at the same time; it's been 21 years for me as well.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

When I was five years old I asked how we know the bible isn't just a made up story like a fairy tale. I have never once gotten a straight answer from anyone I have asked.

National Geographic did a documentary on where the bible comes from... and it made a good argument for the possibility that it is all real. It also made good arguments for the idea that it was truly written a long time ago but could have been authored and written for the same reasons as folk tales.

Suffice it to say, religious leaders aren't very good at answering ridiculously obvious questions about their doctrine and where it comes from. That never ever sat well with me.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

The Story of the first human pair stirred questions. Then, the the Flood of Noah's Day created alot of questions that to this day no one answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit