What Did You Do With All Your Meeting Clothes?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

Since I walked away from the JW religion almost twenty years ago, those clothes are no longer in my closet.

But, when I immediately left the religion, I got rid of dowdy-ish dresses. I was always made to feel I had to ‘try harder’ to cover my shape! I was glad to be rid of the stupid religion’s over-fixation with ‘modesty’.

I was still working at the time and went out and bought very stylish things that were certainly appropriate for the office!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

There was no difference between my work clothes and meeting clothes. But it would sometimes be very cold in the KH, so I don't wear my thermal socks as much as I used to. Still got them though and a super long blanket-like coat.

Oh and the pair of mittens with flipback tops so you can turn over the pages of the Bible or use your mobile. I think I still have them.

• fulano
    fulano

Jp lovely lady on your side there.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

Giving them to Goodwill is good. Giving them to The Salvation Army is better! It's like giving the borg the middle finger. Hopefully, they can sell the item for a nominal amount and use the money do some good community work for the homeless and those going through a difficult time. That's what I did.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

So many of my dresses were so long... way below the knee, mid-calf most of them (god, I was such a self-righteous shrew, so concerned about being “modest”....)

I gave most, if not all, of my dresses to Goodwill. I couldn’t stand to look at them and be reminded of that mindset and cultishness.

Did keep some bags and shoes, though.

My look today is comfortable, casual, and occasionally hippie. lol.

• minimus
    minimus

I used to get a kick out of the over righteous bro’s and hos who would flip out over a MAXI DRESS with a small slit below the knee.

• Simon
    Simon

I may have grown out of them ... I wish that meant "taller", but alas, it does not.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I know the feeling Simon I have the same problem .

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I had some nice smutter, I wore my Hugo Boss wedding suit for a while when I was a R&F dub, but that was 29 years ago and I was a 32inch waist, even if I'd had kept that stuff none of it would have fitted me now!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

If you've not been back for a bit you'd be surprised what they wear now. Ok you get some who dress modestly... then there's the other lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit