What Did You Do With All Your Meeting Clothes?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Zoos
    Zoos

Gone! Every fucking one of them.

I since bought a nice pair of khakis and blue blazer for funerals.

• LV101
    LV101

Minimus - nope, no longer have old clothes around (they'd be vintage by now) but I clear stuff out. I can't deal with consignment crazy so I donate and walk on out. I'm a designer junkie (if only it were just dress up, heels, bags, but also casual/fun clothes necessary to live in - leather jackets/boots, etc.) and in my JW days some of my social/good clothes (non formal) had matching skirts/dress I'd purchase so I was able to get another wear/use at meetings - ahh, a positive! Now I don't have to buy both slacks/pant and skirt - I knew I was saving money somewhere/lol.

You guys need to find a consignment store or donate for write off.

• LV101
    LV101

Zoos - sounds sane! I have couple of friends who avoid socials -- they simply refuse to put their money/time bothering with it and have lots of excuses -- out of town, too tired (older now), could care less, whatever. Actually, I'm tired of having to purchase 'dress to the 9s' type clothing -- I'm ducking what I can after holidays. It's very time consuming. I'm noticing so many people dressing casual today no matter the venue - sometimes too casual, but I get it.

• minimus
    minimus

I went to a Broadway musical and I had a suit on as well as one other guy. That’s it!

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Haven't worn a dress, and hubby hasn't worn a suit in over 18 years. All that stuff went to Goodwill shortly after we left.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Wore the pants out, binned the Coats, wore trackpants for most of exjw life.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I boxed up some of the clothes for my cousin to take to her church. They have a store where everything is free.

I had about ten nice purses, i sold on ebay.

Some got thrown out, like my denim skirts that everyone hated at the meeting. They were so old, they used to go to the meeting without me.

Whatever we used to wear to meetings is gone. I haven't worn a skirt or dress or hose, or any dress shoes since the last meeting I attended, which was the memorial. I think that was 2013. And Steve hasn't worn a tie since 2011. He quit the meetings before i did.

We kept one necktie to put on the skeleton every Halloween.

• LV101
    LV101

Denim skirts were so cute -- an old bat at the hall out of the clear blue sky started telling me how repulsive/disgusting jeans (designer levis/whatever) were for a woman to wear especially with high heels -- I couldn't believe! It's still fashionable and looks great on the right gals and appropriate places -- I told her to go to a high end mall and get her a pair and not to forget to sport a fur coat with those stilettos or nice pumps. My fave look - the ole bat just stood glaring at me. She'd actually wear spike heels and wild patterned hosiery (looked seedy at hall) and considered herself the GB Goon squad's fashionista.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I literally threw most of them away. Most of them were in such poor condition that it was of no use trying to keep them or give them away. The ones that were still in serviceable condition (and by serviceable, I mean the pants are still in good shape with no holes in the seams or fabrics, and no big holes in the pockets and the jackets lacked major tears in the liner or obvious wear and damage in the outer layer), I simply washed (gentle cycle) and ironed carefully, and got them into a halfway decent appearance. Those still sit in my closet.

• Biahi
    Biahi

The last time I wore a dress was for my daughters wedding...5 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit