What Did You Do With All Your Meeting Clothes?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I literally had dozens of suits. I still have more dress clothes than anyone I know. I did give some suits and clothing away and to be honest, I still like wearing a nice suit.

Brothers and sisters, are all your “ meeting clothes” still in your closet??

• neat blue dog
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"You might be a JW if............... you wash windows for a living and still own five suits." ~ Jeff Foxworthy

I STILL HAVE THEM!

My suits were NOT bought at Goodwill or Yard Sales. They were BIG BUCK$. I am NOT going to set them at the curb for the trash man.

• minimus
    minimus

And dress 👞 shoes

• minimus
    minimus

I gave at least a half dozen beautiful Italian expensive shoes away. And I still have a dozen left.

• fulano
    fulano

I had four DAKS’s, five pairs of Church’s. As a reaction leaving the cult I started to dress contemporary...gave them to my parents who sent them to Bethel. I wish I had them now....

• minimus
    minimus

What a waste giving anything to Bethel!

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Minimus... do you mean all those used adult sized clothes given by sisters in the congregation because they knew we were poor????

At the time yes I thank them, at least I was not naked... but was not a good look as those didn’t really fit the style of a teenager. (Another reason to be bullied by my peers).

Way gone thank goodness! But every time I see some “sisters”..... takes me right back. 😖

Ps. I was thankful at the time though that they were kind to think of us.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Goodwill!!!

• minimus
    minimus

I’m sure hand me downs might not have been the favorite but some of us had some spiffy stuff😎

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit