Dad Turns 70 Today

by neverendingjourney 11 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

What a coincidence that this post appears today. I'll turn 70 in a few days myself. I faded, quite successfully, several years ago after spending nearly my entire life as a dub. Something that really struck me was a saying I once read, "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"

So happy birthday to both of us! In 70 years you've seen a lot and experienced a lot life. Unfortunately, for jw lifers, they just continue to endure life and miss out on the simple little things that makes life enjoyable. So sad!

I was a 'golden boy' of the 60's and 70's in jw-dom! You know all that 'theocratic' stuff that I did for the borg. Pioneered at 18, first public talk at 19, prison at 20 for draft evasion, elder at 24, circuit assembly speaker at 25, etc., etc.

Started my really serious doubting in 1995 with the 'generation' changes, took a serious look at our real jw history and faced the facts till I just couldn't take it anymore about 10 years ago. Lots of wasted time. But then, "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!" and i ain't dead yet!

just saying!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I like your style, eyeuse2badub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit