Am I welcome too???...........

by JW72 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JW72
    JW72

Hi everyone, I just read Esmerelda's post, I can see where she's coming from, being a new member, myself.
    I understand, though, that people have already made friends and have their own little community, and that's fine.
    I don't mind at all, i just hope that I can get people's attention by saying something that hasn't been said before.....
    I'm struggling though........

Bye bye

Chris

• waiting
    waiting

OH FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!

Stop this right now! I don't know how y'all got this over-riding impression that y'all weren't welcome here!

OF COURSE YOU ALL ARE WELCOME HERE!!!! (written for yankees to understand)

We've had trolls before, and will have them again. We will argue, even be rude, but we'll get over it and continue - and hopefully learn to not be so rude.

But most importantly, we'll learn and communicate - we just have more tables at our coffe shop now.

As for the agitators, don't pay no 'tention. Life is too damned short to stay perpetually irritated at fools. When these couple of aggitated fools leave, a couple of more will come (perhaps even the same ones with different names, eh?)

I am the Emperor here - and all are welcome (and I'm not the oldest, btw). Just try to be civil, and if you lose it once in a while? No big deal, we all do.

Welcome.

waiting

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hang in there Chris. I'm sending good thoughts your way...

Es

The Four Agreements:
    Be Impeccable With Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

• JW72
    JW72

Waiting, why don't you get off your high horse and come and join the rest of us??
    Just a suggestion.....

I wasn't complaining, if u read what I said....

Bye, again

Chris

P.S Thanks Es

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Hey! Hey! I'm the one with the high horse here...not Waiting. Well, he's not really THAT high. In fact, he's rather a short horse, but he LOOKS high.

In any event, what Waiting is trying to say is everyone is welcome. No one should feel that they are "invading" anyone else's space. The board was cozy before, but it was really too quiet. Now it's constantly active and there are lots more good people here.

Please don't feel that ANY of you is unwelcome. Even Fred Hall has become kind of a mascot of sorts.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I have to agree with JW72, I felt alittle of the same way.

But I love the posts here and the information and over time you will get to know and love me just like Fred Hall. hehehe

If you all can get over me replying with my two cents on every topic!

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

• COMF
    COMF

With 2312 posts to her credit, waiting can rightfully call herself the Emperor here. Note, waiting, that I am letting the opportunity to say something about emperors parading around naked get past me. Well, not entirely.

I thought her post was well presented. Considerate of diabetics, she avoided any unnecessary sugar coating. She makes the reader feel right at home by speaking in a straightforward, no-nonsense voice, neighbor to neighbor. I like that. Leave off the icing for me, too, waiting. I like it plain.

COMF

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

waiting,

i like this a lot:

We will argue, even be rude, but we'll get over it and continue - and hopefully learn to not be so rude.

But most importantly, we'll learn and communicate - we just have more tables at our coffe shop now.

imo, learning to communicate could be the most important thing we learn our whole life and db boards like this are a wonderful place to learn to communicate. it's much harder to do through writing than face to face (for some people, like me) so i'll repeat what waiting said:

OF COURSE YOU ALL ARE WELCOME HERE!!!!

smile
    harmony
    (of the senior member class..lol)

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Waiting Empress,

If you've finished setting up the extra tables and comforting the Smothers Brothers wannabes, could I get a little service over here? I'd like some coffee with cream. And while you're up, could you also bring me an ashtray?

Ginny, inspecting her spoon and wondering if next she'll have to address the clerk at Burger King as "your royal highness"

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

RedhorseWoman, and the high horse, ohh yes that explains the riding block! hahhaha

And of course everyones still welcome here, if we can put up with Fred we can put up with anyone, and we love you all dearly. Yes, even you Slip, well sometimes.

Venice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit