Hello All! Good to see you again! Much discussion now about the fallout that is coming due to impacts of the pandemic combined with the long-term downward spiral of JW.org. I am active as a PIMO and my wife is PIMI....much of our personal conversation and conversation with others in JW Land focuses on how things will play out for JW.org in the next 12-24 months. A few thoughts of mine and interested to see what you think. Some of these have been mentioned by others on here already and are spot on. Enjoy!
1. Permanent Ending of In-person Meetings
2. Sale of all (or most) Kingdom Halls
3. Massive consolidation of circuits: Current circuit size based on ability for a CO to visit twice a year and for the group to fit in a local auditorium facility - you no longer need all these crazy circuits and boundaries.
4. Massive elimination of COs: Remaining COs become fully remote and operating from a branch location via Zoom only. With an adjusted schedule using virtual meetings only, a CO could cover 2-4 congregations per week easily by having meetings on different days of week.
5. Permanent Ending of Door-to-Door Ministry: To be replaced by phone, letter writing and limited cart witnessing where possible. Note: Here in the middle of the U.S. cart witnessing is very limited - not something that would be a major focus.
6. Disfellowshipping/Shunning Ends Permanently: This would be replaced by something similar to the Public Reproof concept from days gone by.
7. Your thoughts?