My Story

by Lee Elder 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

This is the first of a multi-part article that tells my story, and how AJWRB got started.

https://www.openmindsfoundation.org/saving-thousand-lives-year-reform-watchtowers-policy-blood-transfusions-part-one/

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Excellent article, Lee Elder.

Would you mind sending me a PM and in that PM giving me a safe email address for you, so I may ask you a question?

Thank you!

• jp1692
    jp1692

Lee, thanks for sharing.

You and I actually spoke on the phone more than a decade ago. At that time you were trying to recruit me into the movement of reforming the org.

I'm glad you've finally realized the futility of that well-intentioned but hopelessly naive idea.

Great story. Well written and informative. Many newer ones won't be familiar with the Bulgarian Scandal.

Thanks for sharing!

jp

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Hi JP,

Reforms have occurred in the past, and they will continue to occur in the future. The kind of reform we can most easily facilitate is reform among the individual members of the organization, by helping them to see the policy for what it really is. We have done a great deal of that. We can also "reform" the way physicians think about this issue, and how they approach their JW patients. We have had a fair amount of success in that arena as well. Reform of the WT is very slow, and difficult. While we have had some success on that front, its limited. Its going to take action from governments to force WT's hand I'm afraid. We can have some success there as well. However, that too is going to be slow and difficult. I think the effort is worthwhile.

• Faded
    Faded

Thanks for sharing. I'm kind of new to the party (have been on here 3 years) and have wanted to learn more about your association, what it's accomplished, etc as well as your story.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Your very welcome Faded.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Thank you Lee Elder for what you spear headed back in the 90's. I found it interesting how the press knew for years the lying that took place with the WT. But what's new? They been lying to us for years. Still Totally ADD

• Londo111
    Londo111

Lee:

I found that very interesting! Great work throughout the years.

I believe as a JW, I accidentally stumbled upon an internet forum years ago where there was a "Liberal Elder" posting. I remember on that forum, a pioneer posted that she discovered 607 was wrong, and she asked something like 'what now?' I believe you may have said something, I don't remember. I quickly turned away, believing that it was a trick, an apostate posing as a pioneer.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Yes John Dart's comments (LA Time Religion Editor) blew me away. I think even Ray Franz was surprised by it despite his experiences, and being out for 18 years by that point. JW's are pretty naive in that regard. Who wants to believe that "mother" is a liar, and can't be trusted? They do business like most corporations do business, perhaps with less ethics than typical. Very disillusioning to come to that realization.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I know in Freddie's talk about 1975...he mentions John Dart in a condescending tone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit