My Story

by Lee Elder 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Elders and HLC gain access, in my view, for a couple of reasons:

2. Most hospitals and administrators do not understand the level of undue influence.

3. The JW patient has been indoctrinated to grant them access and do exactly what they are told to do or face very serious consequences.

4. The JW patient is confused by the policy and needs these special "clergy" members to interpret WT policy.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Always thought it was strange the way the WT talks about blood and conscience, and the need for the doctors to respect it. At the same time, very few of the friends understand all of the various blood products that are permitted. They will frequently say no until an HLC member comes along and says, "its ok - the WT says so". Then of course they routinely accept it.

This ^^ * 100. It's a complete and utter nonsense. Conscience means that a Witness should be free to choose their treatment without sanction yet nothing could be further from the truth.

P.S. Lee - did you have a point 1 in the above list?

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Hi Lee Elder.

I enjoyed reading your story. I remember coming across AJWRB back in 2004 and have enjoyed many of the articles and stories. It has been greatly informative to thousands of witnesses.

My own daughter had to face the blood issue a few years before I came across AJWRB. I remember the confusion I went through at the time as my wife was adamant our daughter was not to have blood. Thankfully I was informed by 'an experienced' HLC member about ward of court. I jumped on it and my wife was happy to go along with this and my daughter had a successful operation without the need of blood. But it was a huge relief knowing the surgeons could administer blood IF her life was at risk. A common sense approach (something the Watchtower corporation is lacking).

Keep up the good work at AJWRB

UTC

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Odd. Yes, point number one was that JW elders and HLC are generally regarded as clergy.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Thank you UTC. So glad that things worked out for your daughter. Others have not been so lucky as you know.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

A ER Doc friend of mine [raised a JW] told me every hospital ER room has the JW blood. Not for the doctors benefit but to cut time wastage because of uneducated JW patients having to halt treatment to go ask their elders if treatment is permissible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit