Day One Lowlights

by FedUpJW 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

Thanks for taking one for the team FedUp!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They are afraid if the JDubs are not insanely busy they might wake up and discern the lies they are being fed?

Yes like a controlled pre-programmed robot to distribute the WTS literature (Jah's will)

Spot on .

The WTS intentionally blindsides people with its dubious corrupt doctrines which were mostly created to enhance and support the proliferation of the WTS's literature.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Day 2

Hammered on people having feelings of being worthless. Now I wonder where any JDub would get the idea they were worthless, hmm?

Stressed how important it is to give materially to any in the congregation who are facing money shortage. Now I wonder again, why would JDubs be broke on all those part-time, low wage jobs they seem to gravitate to?

Brought out that the BEST way to help people is "read the scriptures to them."

Then asked, seriously, "Would you want to make Jehovah sad by encouraging your children to be financially secure, instead of spiritually secure?"

Then something was said that pretty well blew me away. "The best way to protect our children form sexual predators is to teach them from a VERY YOUNG AGE, about sex."

Mentioned again that whatever you do in this world is doomed to failure. Now lets see that ought to give everyone positive self-esteem and not make them feel worthless.

I was surprised by the many numbers of times they kept referring to feeling fearful because of facing life ending illness. Pretty encouraging to someone I guess...

One more day to suffer through....

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Omg....why are you even there....waste of good time....

An 86 year old father who wanted to go.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUP JW:

On Day 2:

So...they stressed "how important it is to give materially to any in the congregation who are facing money shortage"(!)

Well...I knew this was coming years ago. This is one of the reasons I'm glad I'm not there. Didn't need a crystal ball to predict that they would be saying this. Anybody with a job or anybody who looks remotely affluent is going to be hit up for money left and right.

The Witness religion is morphing into a place where they congregate just to ask for money for all their needy (who followed the religion's dictates).. They don't even know what they believe in anyway so the teachings don't matter.

Anybody still active in this religion who doesn't mind being viewed as an ATM machine can have it....It goes without saying that I'm glad to be out of there.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Next was the strong statement that the purpose of the carts/trolleys is NOT to place literature, it is to direct people of the public to "our" web site

Question...as fond as they are of tracking preaching activities, I wonder...how do they track trolley success if not by literatrash placements? Do they track increases in website hits by geography and trolley activity? And then counsel bros who don't increase hits?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Next was the strong statement that the purpose of the carts/trolleys is NOT to place literature, it is to direct people of the public to "our" web site!

It was obvious from the get-go.

The carts are to further isolate JW`s from the rest of the world.

You`re in a public place advertising the WBT$, but you`re not supposed to engage anyone?

Who`s going to the WBT$ website?........JW`s!

Not the people sick of JW`s, knocking on their door..

• sir82
    sir82

Next was the strong statement that the purpose of the carts/trolleys is NOT to place literature, it is to direct people of the public to "our" web site!

So why bother with having literature & people there then? You could "direct people to the website" thru web advertising for about .0000001% of the effort of schlugging those damn carts around.

Good gravy, it would be more efficient to rent billboards simply posted with "Jw, org".

Real translation: "We know it's a colossal waste of effort, so we're making up a reason why we are stressing cart work".

Idiots.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Day 3

A little late... several things from memory.

God doesn't make a multitude of rules! Jesus only made TWO rules. Now why would the governing body think they should do something that neither God or Jesus did?

607 BCE and 1914 are ESTABLISHED FACT! They CANNOT be changed! This was said with some of the most forceful emphasis of the whole dog and pony show. Seems to me I remember reading those same type of words said by CTR over 100 years ago, and he was wrong...too.

There were 22 baptized. Attendance of an average of 3,400. All obviously born-ins, and the youngest a disgusting, tiny, 10 years old!

Last part it was hammered on how the "new improved" understanding of what a generation is proves that Armageddon is just around the corner...soon...very soon.

I also enjoyed another chance to use someones handy dandy tablet to have them personally compare what the WT used to say about those of the generation by no means passing away BEFORE all the things Jesus foretold happened with what the last speaker said. The last of the claimed 144,000 would be called to heaven BEFORE the foretold events all came to completion, claiming that is another proof of how close Armageddon is.

A personal observation was that this regional convention was one of the most dreary, depressing, negative ones I have ever been to. So much was said, over and over and over again about terminal illness, debilitating depression, money woes, physical infirmities, everything that could make a person hate life was what they put out there as the true JDubs lot in life, but don't worry folks..."soon" all that will go away...if you DON'T GIVE UP! (BTW, please drop in your money or swipe your card at the ATM on the way out tonight)

Thank gawd it is done for another year! I only hope my 86 year old dad doesn't want to put up with the crowds again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit