Day One Lowlights

by FedUpJW 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Too much crap to keep track of, but a few low lights of day one of the regional CONvention stuck out. In no particular time sequence here is some of what I managed to hold down.

Tight Pants yapped on in the opening part about a three part theme to conventions. Part 1 was in 2016, part 2 is this year, and part 3 is in the works for 2018. I guess the Big A isn't coming for a couple more years, at least.

Then it was really stressed that all good Dubs must always be prepared to "witness" by carrying Jay Double You, Dot Org calling cards, and of course wear your ID card for the convention at all times, and all places.

Next was the strong statement that the purpose of the carts/trolleys is NOT to place literature, it is to direct people of the public to "our" web site! This was said more than once, for emphasis. And also stated that it is more fun to let people come to you than going to them. Hmm...what was that that Jesus said? Something about "GO"? I guess their word is more important that Christs!

Then there was a scripture read from Exodus 5: 9 where Pharaoh wanted the Jews kept busy so they would not pay attention to lies. I wonder if THAT is why the governing body insists on keeping the good JDubs so busy with "busy" work. They are afraid if the JDubs are not insanely busy they might wake up and discern the lies they are being fed?

Then there was the goofy illustration of a swimmer trying to get to shore. The question was would they give up only a few yards from shore? They were just about there. They would be on shore..."soon"... I thought WTF? No they wouldn't give up, but what if every time they thought they were just about safely to shore the shoreline was moved back a few hundred more yards?

Then there was another hair-brained illustration about running a race in the Death Valley area of the United States. 14,000 feet elevation change, 116 degree heat. What if you knew you were no good at running that elevation or that heat? Well of course you would run harder so that it would get easier! Good grief, if I were no good running in that heat or elevation changes I would not do it. That would be insane health risks or even death from heat stroke. I guess nothing is ever good enough for those fat slobs tossing out orders to the R&F.

That was about all I could stomach. I did get the chance though to read a direct quote from the KM to a friend about those who were praised for selling out their homes etc. in anticipation of 1975, right after I asked if the person I was talking to had heard the video say that it was WRONG of "some" to have sold their homes before 1975. They got a deer in the headlights look when they realized their own answer and the WT own words contradicted what they had just heard. It was wonderful!

Perhaps a few more comments or observations over the next two days, IF I can keep my breakfast and lunch down listening to this stuff.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Then there was another hair-brained illustration about running a race in the Death Valley area of the United States. 14,000 feet elevation change, 116 degree heat. What if you knew you were no good at running that elevation or that heat? Well of course you would run harder so that it would get easier!

It shows they may have heard about the race, but didn't spend ten minutes looking it up and describe it accurately. If you haven't proven yourself able to handle extreme ultra-marathon races, you won't be there (it's an invitation-only event, for good reason). If you did what they describe, pushing hard under the desert sun, you'd be meeting your maker (which is why the Park Service requires the race to start after dusk). They may be crazy to do it, but not suicidal!

• alanv
    alanv

'Next was the strong statement that the purpose of the carts/trolleys is NOT to place literature, it is to direct people of the public to "our" web site! '

Probably said because very little literature is placed from these carts, so the next best thing is let the societies website have a go at them instead

• zeb
    zeb

'it is to direct people of the public to "our" web site! '' to me a further indication of the demise of the printed page this has two benefits atheist for the wts one; it saves them dollars. Two; if the printed page is not around they cant be called to account for what they have said.

• lancelink
    lancelink

So why have 3-4 people standing around a cart full of literature for hours, why not just get a sign placed next to the congested highways that lead into cities ?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

lance, lest you forget.... busy work is key to retention.

• lancelink
    lancelink

Of course, ,,,,, I Forgot about that

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sounds painful.

Well done for sitting through it.....

• tiki
    tiki

Omg....why are you even there....waste of good time....

• Half banana
    Half banana

Thank you FedupJW, I might have the desire to cut my wrists if I went to the assembly and exposed my ears to this nonsense for more than ten minutes! So thanks for going on our behalf!

The "goofy" illustrations as you report almost indicate that the writers of the material have given leave of their senses. They are not even credible any more. Only demented fools could believe this trash---is it evidence of a death wish in the JW org?

It truly sounds like the beginning of the end of Jehovah's Witnesses!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit