Even if it's not the truth, it's still the best way to live

by Simon 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

Simon,It is "The Carrot" that gets us all. "."You can live forever on a paradise earth." Remember that one? Even if it is not the truth,they hope beyond hope that this life is not all there is. It took my family 33 years 1969 to 2002 to finally realize that there is no "Carrot." You were a great help with your site back in 2002. Blueblades Thanks for all you have done for the many of us.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

The resoning is the same logica:

"Hitler was not that good but he protected Europe prevented it for taking over by communist."

G.

"I know it's not the truth, but I chose to follow it anyway"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIMON:

I always felt this statement was a last defense of the Witnesses when they were in a conversation and there was nothing else good to say about it.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Even if it's not the truth, it's still the best way to live."

Reframed the statement can become:

"Even if it's a LIE, in my opinion it is the best way to live because it fits my needs, personal narrative and my perspective on the world and life in general."

OR

"I would rather live in a 'lying field' than face the truth in my life."

• snowbird
    snowbird

The Way of the Truth Is the Best Way of Living,

No Better Way Can There be Found ...

LOL.

Memories.

Sylvia

• Giordano
    Giordano
    "Even if it's not the truth, it's still the best way to live."

Actually, on many levels, it is not.....for many it could be the worse way to live.

By embracing and supporting this religion you are supporting their long history of reckless medical prohibitions and interventions that have caused thousands to suffer or even die long before their time.

By discouraging higher education they have become one of the less educated religions out there. Which by it's nature translates to less income. Which can easily mean poorer diets, lack of health services and shorter life expectancy.

It is a polarizing religion that can break family's apart. It promotes a life time of Torture through shunning.

Their claim that the end of this world is at hand through out it's history .............has misled many to make bad decisions.

They provide no real help for anyone who has grown old even a true believer.

And if you were a dedicated Bethelite who served faithfully for decades you could be laid off with no Social Security, no pension, or even savings because you were a slave in all but name.

Reckless, dishonest, cruel, and ignorant one pays a big price to hang out with people who consider you a conditional friend or family member.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That statement might be acceptable for a movement that claimed no more than having a view on religion and teaching a lifestyle... J W's are different though.

What they proclaim is said to be absolute truth from God. Deny it at your peril . The leaders sit in Lordly positions stating that the Governing Body is the God appointed Faithful and Discreet Slave of Mathew 24. They say they have guidance from the Holy Spirit and angelic assistance ( W/tower February 2017)

in the light of these grand claims, if it is not the truth, it is lies and nothing can come from following liars.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Rainbow-troll

I like the way you take up the “problem”. I think in fact that our brain capacities are so limited that we cannot actually decide who is right and who is wrong. That is up to every individual “in their own mind” to decide. Meaning that no one really can criticize other human’s decision. Your mathematical discussion is however the only way to make some sort of a logic about it. But it doesn´t tell us what is the correct or not correct decision ethical in our moral compass…. That is yet to be discussed. And it has been discussed, by Kant, Hegel, Kierkegaard and others for several hundreds of years. Another discussion is, if it is right or correct to assume there is a GOD and that he has a wholly scriptures that everyone is obligated to accept, and if everyone must obey the interpretations that their local priest give them on their Sunday service? I have been wondering a numbers of years on these questions and never come to a final answer…

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It becomes a point within every JWS's structured thinking that this is a better way of living than otherwise because of and as a result by the WTS's leaders indoctrinating tactics.

For example all other religions Christian or otherwise are false religions and are being influenced by Satan, all governments are evil and are being influenced by Satan.

All other organizations either established for charity purposes or good intent such as the ie, UN, are also evil by being influenced by Satan.

On the other hand we are the true righteous worshipers of Jehovah and therefore we have been selectively chosen by him as his earthly arrangement.

The phrase " The Truth " is constantly rammed into people's brains at every meeting and printed constantly throughout the WTS's literature .

So the persistent ideology is that the JWS are self identified as being righteously pure in their worship to Jehovah, in way that is pleasing to him which is very important because Armageddon is just around the corner which is also constantly propagated by the WTS's leaders.

The WTS intentionally created a social division between us and them as a conscious identifier, be with us and live on in paradise or be with them and be duly unaccepted to live through Armageddon and not live on into paradise.

This establishes a compelling and controlling psychosis of fear that runs deep into people's cognitive awareness.

So really fear is the catalyst that hinges people to stick to the WTS the way they do, there is an never ending amount of guilt, shame and loyalty that gets constantly inundated by the top leaders, done so intentionally to sustain the organization in both its financial and labor support.

In a way fear and ignorance is the life blood of this organization in its core controlling operations.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I remember hearing this bilge when I was a kid, usually after an announcement that so-and-so was a junkie, or a pervert, or successful in business, or woke up in a good mood.

Because life is SO MUCH BETTER when you follow the advice of uneducated ignoramuses (ignoramusi?) and yield to the tremulous fears of the local busybody old maids.

Yeah.

Fer sher.

[selah]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit