The Irony of 2017's RC "Don't Give Up" Theme

by steve2 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

If the end is oh-so-very-near why the exhortation rammed home during the convention to "Don't Give Up."

If humankind is poised right on the knife edge of the end, the sense of urgency in the organization would be breathtakingly palpable. Urgency? What urgency? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

The GB knows that, every passing day, more and more JWs are doing less and less and less to the point where field service activity is a misnomer.

You only ever urge people to not give up if you know they're in for the long haul. And, baby, this long haul is extraordinarily long - from at least the mid-1870s to the present.

The irony will be lost on JWs - but I doubt the exhortation will stem the exodus.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

To say "Don't Give Up" is to say that people are indeed giving up, and it's happening to the extent that we have to build an entire assembly theme around it.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

If their theme is 'now's not the time to jump ship!', then all it means is that a lot of people are indeed doing just that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A more honest proclamation ...... We know we have been making speculative hyped statements and dates concerning the GT and Armageddon but remember we are running a publishing house and we need to proliferate and circulate are published works somehow.

So please don't give up on the organization and continue to send in your financial donations $$$

Warm Christian love from the executive directors (GB) of the Watchtower Corporation.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Irony of 2017's RC "Don't Give Up" Theme

To Date, Not One JW Has Had a Choice.

EVENTUALLY, THEY ALL DIED...

Image result for tombstone bye

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

WATCHTOWER THEMES

1879-1899: Soon, very soon.

1900-1914: Soon, very soon.

1915-1925: Soon, very soon.

1926-1945: Soon, very soon.

1946-1965: Soon, very soon.

1966-1975: Soon, very soon.

1976-2000: Soon, very soon.

2001-2016: Soon, very soon.

2017 onwards: Soon, very soon ... Don't give up.

Timon: "I can see what's happening."

Pumbaa: "What?"

Timon: "And they don't have a clue."

Pumbaa: "Who?"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Only in religion can an organization continually construct and profess lies repeatedly decade after decade and still exist with the self assured arrogance of proclaiming exclusively they have " The Truth "

https://media.tenor.com/images/f1bf5bcbb52b0201941477cd66a3acca/tenor.gif

• steve2
    steve2

About two or so years ago, one of the GB gave a talk at a South American regional convention (it could've been in 2014 or 2015). He used the analogy of a game of baseball to illustrate how close "we" are to the end. His plea was: Brothers and sisters, you are all so close to winning - but if you quit now, you guarantee you won't win and you'll lose everything. So, don't give up. He argued that some players might reason that the game had gone on too long and should've ended by now. But, he warned, that would be a big mistake. You will lose everything if you quite now.

That analogy bothered me not so much because it was plainly manipulative but because it did not hold true. Specifically, all players know within a rough timeframe how long the game will be: No player on the field asks themselves, "When will this game ever end?" By contrast, those loyal to JW organization know that several generations of "players" have been born in, grown old and died on the pitch whilst 'playing the game'. Not a single one of them knew when the game would end - they couldn't even pace themselves.

Stupid analogy, GB.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

@Steve. Your post made me think of the pyramid scheme of Madoff's. He needed a constant supply of money, so he was probably doing just like the GB, "Don't give up NOW". (Don't my investors know I LOVE their money??? They don't need it. I do! Gimme gimme gimme!).

One day, hopefully soon, most of the Western world with computers, will wake up to all the twisted lies and manipulations of the JW..org Business Management Group and leave.

The man behind the curtain will be exposed with all their corruption and filth. What normal person would want to be associated with THAT group?

• paladin1
    paladin1

I have to attend this RC starting this coming Friday. This RC can not be the best ever but rather something else. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit