ELM - Elderly Lives Matter

by BourneIdentity 20 Replies latest social current

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I believe a light has to be shown on the elderly, forget BLM. Sure, blacks are being mistreated by law enforcement at times, but there are hundreds of millions of people on a daily basis having no regard for the elderly by not wearing masks in the middle of a pandemic. They believe the elderly have to be casualties for the economy and getting normalcy back. I say fuck BLM, when are the elderly going to be shown any respect or dignity? I can’t stand this generation of people, so fucking selfish and self absorbed.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m only just beginning to realise I`m elderly hence the like

• matt
    matt

i'm 68. am i elderly yet? you can show me respect by pushing back against police state tactics that attempt to strip you of your right to breathe, and your right to co-mingle with other humans. breathe properly, and stay healthy.

there is no pandemic. there is only a power grab, and united nations agenda 21 and 2030 are at your doorstep. your namesake would indicate a greater level of awareness than you display in your comment....this 'event' is not about health.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Totally , but respectfully disagree with Matt's comment. The virus is real, it made my friend extremely ill and he is still not right.

As an oldie now , of course I sympathize with the o/p. However I see no correlation between it and the injustices endured by many people , including Black Americans.

The wearing of masks is mandatory in UK shops... but there is precious little enforcement of the law. Selfish people know that and flaunt the law.

Mask wearing is not for the wearers sake, it is for your fellow shopper's sake ... Please Mask up, for me..

• tiki
    tiki

I am a septugenarian and healthy. I believe all lives matter and that people should all be kind, compassionate, fair-minded and respect their fellow man no matter what age, skin tone, or political/religious leaning. A pandemic that has taken thousands of lives is not a hoax nor a political conspiracy. It is a medical scientific reality and the more people follow the common sense parameters and endeavor to halt or at best hamper the viral spread, the better off we all are.

I do not like wearing a mask at all, but I certainly do not consider it an infringement of my personal rights or liberties. I consider it a respectful response to the well being of my fellow man. Twisting issues to glorify or vilify a political stance is unnecessary and we have seen far too much of that thus far.

The pandemic presents many challenges and alterations to our daily lifestyles...but adapting to new circumstances is far healthier mentally and physically than balking and potentially causing damage to ourselves and others.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I'm elderly too. But the masks are worn improperly, hand washing has gone by the wayside.

I know more people with health problems not being addressed because of the panic restrictions than the c19.

C19 can indeed kill, but so can heart, cancer, other bugs, and the peaceful rioters

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think Black Elderly Lives Matter.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

ELM is just as stupid as BLM.

Basically the elderly are expendable. If you are 70, in poor health, with the majority of your income coming from ssi and foodstamps, you would be doing the country a favor by just dying and taking one for the team.

For each low income, sick,velvety person that dies it frees up 12 to 20k dollars a year. This gonna be fuuuun

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ok buddha--i'll bite.

basically--youre right.

here in the UK there are--what--100's of 1000's of over 70's in care homes. many are fully funded by the state--even though they own their own homes and have some savings. so--yes they are a drain on the economy.

the upside is the healthcare sector gives employment to at least the same number: a 20 bed care home could easily have more than that number of staff.

so if all those old folks give up the ghost there will be a corresponding rise in unemployment.

for the record--i'm 72, and am married to a much younger woman--who is the manager of a care home. aint i the lucky one.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Stan you didnt give it enough time for people to get angry at me.... darn you. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit