Today's W.T when it mentioned Depression and Anxiety

by Isambard Crater 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Izzy - Our Co-ordinator put his hand up and commented saying that people who go on about how depressed or anxious they are just need to stop giving in to impulses and show more self control without letting their emotions rule their lives

The 'happiest people on earth(tm)' are only happy because of the meds they're on. I swear if the WBT$ packed up tomorrow and the jobos all woke up, the pharma companies would go out of business.

Actually, joking apart, this just shows how callous the WBT$ is. Yes, the WBT$. The vitriolic filth that this Co-ordinator spouted is the kind of hate that cascades down from the leaders. EG. All the hate that TOMO III spouts. They only mimic their rock star pope leaders.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Why is happiness a competition? Happiness is not a zero-sum game. The Watchtower seems to think that they are "the happiest people on earth." Even if that might be true, their happiness has nothing to do with my happiness. Guess what - we both can be happy!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

That’s why I can not attend any JW meeting: the stupid quotes and answers without any proof. It’s 90% stupid ratio that leads to Gorby’s irritation.

G.

• steve2
    steve2

It is a genuine victory for those who are susceptible to depression and anxiety to emerge from this crazy and ignorant organization with their sanity intact.

The day I stopped going to meetings was the day I saw a future for myself and began to address my own depression.

I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I went through leading up to my decision to leave. But having gone through it, I learnt firsthand that placing your trust in well-intentioned but ignorant and poorly educated men is a recipe for a never-ending cycle of depression, anxiety and suicidality.

• compound complex
    compound complex

depression, anxiety and suicidality.-- steve2,

or: Suicidality, Anxiety, Depression

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I would excersize self control and walk out.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Thank you for your post Steve2, went through same here. Now we can laugh about it, but it certainly was serious business back then. Anyone that is the least bit honest, conscientious, perfectionist, neurotic and kind hearted will get raped alive around these selfish people. They'll use and abuse you till you're only a shell of your former self in the name of putting on the 'new personality' and this without any qualms nor care. All for the cult as you as a person are so not important.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Introvert2 I understand and agree with every word you wrote here and if you can laugh at it now then you are an inspiration to me.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

You can't have good fruitage with a bad root system. Once I realized the root cause of my depression and acted upon it to remove it from my life, I have been fine, in fact, enjoying the benefits of an abundant crop. The continuous drip of poison that you are not good enough, not doing enough, and that you should be thankful for our associating with you because you are such a loser is an absurd idea, but, WTBTS continues to sell.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All of the controlling manifestations of the JW cult causes people anxiety and depression.

Fear, Obligation, Guilt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit