How Long Does It Take To Forget?

by shamus 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Shamus:

I was in Bethel for 11 years. Anytime you need to re-affirm tha tyou mad ethe right decision drop me a note. I'll be more than happy to re-inforce the reasonings why you left the Borg.

Enjoy life. If there is a Creator that cares for us, don't you think he wants us to enjoy it not worrying about how many hours we have to meet to satisify a group of men in a congregation to prove our spirituality?

Do you really think an Almighty God cares if you make 5 meetings a week? Don't you think that a god who is allegedly going to judge hearts will do just that and not base the judgement on your publisher record card or attendence record for meetings?

I wish you all happiness. Of note, while in Bethel i constantly prayed for peace of mind. I only achieved it about 2 weeks after making the decision to stop going to meetings.

Ahhh life without man made (congregational) guilt trips ...

Uzzah

• DJ
    DJ

Shamus,

For me, recovery only came when I was able to see the verses that we were taught to memorize within the complete context of the bible. I agree with doing the research about the watchtower's odd history and flip-flops, etc. For me, that was second though. I wanted to understand what Jesus really did teach and that's what helped me the most. Man has a way of twisting Jesus in a religious pretzel. I found that His beauty was/is in his simplicity. love,dj

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Hello Shamus,

I don't want to ever forget, I want to make sure that I never fall for any of the brainwashing and lies perpertrated by The Org.again.

We have been out for about a year, and understand fully how you are feeling. You will get plenty of help on this forum, and to re-iterate what has already been said many times, Ray Franz's Crisis of Conscience, will certainly help you from time to time.

For the last three years I joined the GOQs (Get Out Quickly), because of the hypocrisy that we were coming across every week.

KT

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I am not always sure about what I believe but I'm darn sure about what I don't believe

and for me that equals freedom

Lady Lee, that's where I'm at! Although it's still hard to be free with some of the family still in

Love,

Dansk

• shamus
    shamus

So many replies...

Thank you all so much. Just last night, I was feeling guilty. So many stories, and so much pain. Best of all, so much freedom....

I cannot agree more - god will not judge us on making 5 meetings per week, and field service. Man-made rules.

• Charms
    Charms

Certain parts are very hard to shake. The ingrained fear of demons still causes occasional nightmares. I was eleven at the time. I could only imagine how the small children managed to go to sleep restfully. The other thing is the fear of Armaggedon if you are doing something not in accordance to the WTS. If I am invited to pray or attend church services( with non-JW), I get uncomfortable. Sometimes I still feel as though I will be incinerated for not going to the KH anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit