JW TV, this month about evolution

by bohm 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

well, at least one of the scientists they found had good teeth, so that's something.

• steve2
    steve2

Catholic Applewhite may be way down the list of "authorities" to call upon given her pummeling during the Australian Royal Commission....If shock and awkwardness has 100 faces, she displayed, oh, about 60 of them.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It was a joke stevie. Yeah Applewhite came from the Acme School of "drips under pressure."

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"if it was a random process half would be right handed and half left handed" - out of date teacher/sister

ultraviolet circularly polarized light...

It's amazing what research can do as opposed to reading 1 book...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That stuff will go over JWs heads, it won't stop them from regurgitating it as gospel though.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If they so desired, the society could produce a PhD each month who believes the Earth is flat.

Whoop-dee-f'ing-doo.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Trying to explain something complex to a "true believer" is pointless. Your efforts would be better spent if you show a Dub how the WTBTS deliberately lies about what "evolution" means; also, they deliberately refuse to educate the sheeple about "abiogenesis", and how it has NOTHING to do with the process of evolution.

Getting a Dub to percieve the intellectual dishonesty of the WTBTS is a very important step. When the WTBTS says, "Life, how did it get here, by evolution of creation.", the WTBTS is building a strawman. To say that evolution explains the origin of life, is a bald-faced lie, and the WTBTS knows it.

As previously mentioned, the WTBTS also knows that dubs don't know what the WTBTS knows, but those dub "Scientists" know what the WTBTS knows, but the Dubs don't know. Ya know???

DD

• CookieMonster
    CookieMonster

Watchtower should stop embarrassing themselves with pseudoscience, everything I was told and learnt in the Evolution or Creation book was utterly biased and misleading. When it comes to evidence and scientific method it is very hard to deny evolution.

I wonder if one day the Watchtower will take a similar stand as the rest of the worlds religion and acknowledge that evolution is fact and the creation story was a metaphor.

• bohm
    bohm

CookieMonster: If evolution goes in you have to give up the literal Adam and Eve... I realize you can do that in liberal theology (and the end-result is better than the mess of the WTBS), but allowing major parts of the bible to be allegories is just such a major shift in thinking I don't see it happening.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    If they so desired, the society could produce a PhD each month who believes the Earth is flat.

I agree with that. I personally know some PhD's that are incredibly ignorant. In the uneducated org its going to sound like they are brilliant scientists though. PhD "piled higher & deeper"

Its no guarantee of sanity or intelligence. Look at Ben Carson for Christ's sake!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit