Trinity Statements in the Dead Sea Scrolls

by Sea Breeze 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Dr. Ken Johnson has identified several statements in the Dead Sea Scrolls that predict that God would visit the earth as a man... as the Messiah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljRfvyTjHvE&ab_channel=KenJohnson%28BibleFacts%29

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

A self anointed messiah, funny.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Shoot the messenger Fisherman?

700 years before Christ, Isaiah wrote:

For unto us a Child is born,
    Unto us a Son is given;
    And the government will be upon His shoulder.
    And His name will be called
    Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God

If we acknowledge that scripture says that one day a man named God would be born, why should we be surprised if other ancient scrolls from the Patriarchs of Israel said the same thing on occasion?

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ Seabreeze - We can't acknowledge that "scripture says that one day a man named God would be born," because it isn't saying that.

Isaiah 9:6 -calls Jesus a "mighty god," not Almighty God."

god, god-like one, mighty one

1. mighty men, men of rank, mighty heroes

2. angels

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon/h410/kjv/wlc/0-1/

(John 10:34, 35) ‘I said: “You are gods”’? If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified..."

(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” there is actually to us one God,

Also, if Jesus was GOD ALMIGHTY, why is he only described in Isaiah 9:6 as being the "prince of peace?" Shouldn't he be called the "king of peace?"

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

So you beleive that God created a lesseer God ? That's not what scripture says:

before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. - Is. 43: 11

Just the same... An adjective wasn't born. A noun was born - God.

So, a man named God was born just like prophecy says. Is. 7: 17 gives more details:

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel (Immanuel means God with Us)

These prophetic scriptures are only talking about one God, not two. We know this because he is the Creator who made ALL things.

Col. 1: 16 - For by Him [Jesus] all things were created that are in heaven and that are in earth

But this thread isn't about the Trinity per se. It is about ancient scrolls from the founding fathers of the nation of Israel who also predicted :

God manifest in the flesh - 1 Tim. 3:16.

Most Christians are under the impression that the tri-partite nature of God was only revealed in the NT. Not only is the word "God" in Hebrew plural (Elohim), but the ancient partriarchs occasionally prophesied about God one day appearing as a man.

As God, Jesus predicted that he would die and while dead, he would resurrect himself from the dead. This is something only God can do. See John 2: 19 & John 10: 18

• Duran
    Duran
    So you beleive that God created a lesseer God ? That's not what scripture says:

@SeaBreeze

Who created Satan?

2 Corinthians 4:4

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

God created Satan. Satan made himself a god. Big difference.

• Duran
    Duran

[As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”]

[what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?]

[“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.]

If God created Satan, is Satan, God's son?

If Jesus said he is God's son, are Jesus and Satan brothers?

Is Satan, Jesus' son?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Jesus is the only begotten son. All the scriptures are inspired, and as such they all are true. Picking and choosing certain scriptures and ingnoring others is not honoring ALL the scriptures.

BTTT,

The Scribes and the Pharisees ignored (as they do now) the scriptures and other patriarchal writings that didn't fit in with the conclusions they came to in their elders meetings. Ther oral tradition was the lens they looked through to interpret the scriptures.

The Essenes were different. They honored the wiritings of the Patriachs as well as the scripture canon. Because of this, their theology was much more favorable to accepting Christ when he appeared. That is why Jesus critized the Scribes and Pharisees but not the Essenes.

I believe the Essenes disappeared from history because they all became Christians. The Pharisees and Sacucees are still here.

• DesirousOfChange

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit