JWs Do Not Know How To Think

by xjwsrock 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Know one likes to feel embarrassed. JWs keep members working away because they are so embarrassed to feel weak or doubtful or like they are "bad". It can work the other way too though. I started to feel embarrassed by the things I niavely accepted as a jw. Believing in Noah's flood became too embarrassing to admit to believing when I know for a fact its about as real as star wars. So it's good to throw these things out there. Once people start to breakthrough the fear emotion and dig you can learn to think for yourself again.
  • sir82
    sir82

Well, I'd put it as "JWs are trained not to think".

Every so often, and perhaps more frequently now, JWs are breaking free from such training and leaving, or at least fading. Many of them show up here.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I have to say - even from a JW point of view - that was the worst video the ever made.

ULTRA CHEEZY!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jesus couldn't write anything for the simple reason that it never existed. The whole thing was a scam intended for your damnation and enslavement. That thing gives false hope that we can live forever in paradise but only if we give up everything worth living for (heaven, which by the way is where souls are sent for joke-hova to make a meal out of, or earth).

At least Satan gave us a potential lifespan between 800 and 1,200 years and the means to rise spiritually. And that we would be reincarnated until we arrive at Godhood, at which point there is no limit on our lifespans. And no going against nature. Joke-hova can take Jesus and shove it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    No, they just don't know how to think for themselves.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Jesus sounds like a super hero. It sounds like a super hero's origin story.

I love the way you think outside the box.

They paused and picked up talking on a completely different topic

Story of my life. People often do this when I say things

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I remember back when I was still in, meeting a dutiful JW guy who actually said "I don't want to think".

Needless to say, I didn't hang out with him all that often after that.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Needless to say, I didn't hang out with him all that often after that.''

Can't blame you.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They don't know how to think because it has been ingrained to "check for bible principles" before making any decision. BUT that means "checking the literature from the society"!

THAT means that all decisions are actually SOCIETY decisions, NOT bible or personal....

Reminds me of the expression many Christians use WWJD (What would Jesus do?) With witnesses it is more like WWSD (what would the society do?)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ stuckinarut2...

WWSD is inevitably SSDD. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit