Double life

by Esmeralda001 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Esmeralda001
    Esmeralda001

Greetings,

Is there a way I can successfully live a double life? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to get engaged in activities that are condemnable according to the *BIBLE* (not the *WT*) standards. I figured that the only way I can get the brothers and sisters to leave me along is by pretending that I am an unemployed drop out. It seems that being discrete about my education isn't enough. There is an unspoken, yet very obvious, expectation from me to change my current situation. The fact is that I have no intension of quitting my job/giving up on my studies. Do you think that faking to be "miserable" (for a lack of better word) is a good strategy? I'm positive that my study conductor gives an update to the nosy sisters of our congregation every other week.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    once you understand their is no GOD in the WT, you can handle as you can see fit.
  • OzGirl
    OzGirl
    I used to be criticised for holding down a job. I asked the other person if they were going to pay my bills. Then I reminded them that my personal life was none of their business and was private. Only had to say that a few times before everyone got the message.
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Hi Esmarelda. Just be you....that's all you need to do. You can be a Christian without having to be a Christian jw style. I have to work amongst 'worldly' people. I take each person as they come. If an individual is an idiot, I avoid them. If they are a nice person, I don't mind associating with them (within reason) and in accord with 'biblical Christian guidance'. Just as an example, my wife is very balanced though jw through and through. She often is invited out by her work associates. She often attends because she feels comfortable having a good night out with them. You weigh up things and decide between what you think is right or what might be wrong according to your own conscience. You can be you and be a Christian without jw rules.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I've done it for sometime.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

Hello Esmeralda.

Is there anything hold you back such as family?

I do know you were studying with someone when you first came on the board asking if you should continue and be baptized.

Has anything changed?

I would simply tell anyone and everyone to mind their business. Elders and the like can be told not to pry into your personal life and if it's spiritual matters then tell them they are not masters over your faith.

Buena suerte.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Stop seeking the approval of these folks. That's how you do it. Fearlessly, unwaveringly, stop caring about the opinion of fools.

Then stop engaging in conversations about anything you don't want to discuss. "I couldn't imagine discussing that with you," said with a nice smile and abrupt change of topic, does nicely (and it feels great too). It's none of their business what your job or education plans are.

• Dagney
    Dagney

^^^ what rebel said x10.

You will be much happier pursuing your own needs and goals and the concern about other's expectations will organically fall to its lesser and unimportant position.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Lions don't lose sleep

Over the opinions of sheep.

Give the witnesses just what they can handle otherwise leave them out of the rest of your life. Remember they are little scared sheep.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great advice from Rebel8.

Personally, I could care less what these JW's think. If you don't want to answer their intrusive questions, tell em it's none of their business. They don't have a problem being forward with you, why should you worry about being forward with them.

If they were truly your friends, you should be able to share your joys, troubles and success with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit