Zoom meetings

by molybdenum 17 Replies latest social humour

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I feel for you guys and gals that have to be pimo`s for the sake of family ,especially when you are in your later years .

Kudos to all of you.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Please don’t take offence to my comments here, but there is a time if a person hasn’t left the org by a certain age. The person is better off left there. My elderly father, who is a bit older than you, is a perfect example. Waking up and getting DFed at his stage in life would literally kill him. So much so that when that TV doco “the witness” aired in this country. I took him out to dinner ,out of fear, he would stumble across it as he was flicking through the channels. To this day, I still think, he is unaware of its existence. I see this as a positive thing. Although I realise CSA is a very bad thing. Hey, I just do what is best for my dad.

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

Thanks everyone for the replies. Nice to know that my situation is understood and I appreciate the encouraging comments. Keep them coming! Thanks also for the advice about the monitor Rocketman123. I'll look into it more. My birthday is on the 16 of this month so I need to decide soon which monitor would be the best choice. And no worries Long Haired Girl. The last thing I want to do is bring someone into this religion. I've avoided having RV's or any BS's despite pressure from my wife to "expand" my service when I retired a few years ago. The letter writing "service" that we do know is great for me. No pressure to get out for DtoD service. It takes me about a month to compile one letter as I am giving it "great thought" and that seems to please everyone. Needless to say that letter needs constant review so it has never been sent to anyone. No travel to the KH either. Suits me. Keep on zooming!

• AbelJohn
    AbelJohn

I have not been to a meeting in decades, so if the ministry school attendance ata the KH was about 60 plus people every week, you can actually see if all 60 plus people on the zoom meeting? Is there actually room for 60 plus boxes on the screen like the Brady Bunch? I am part of a volunteer program that now has to use zoom so it's just three people at a time, have no idea what the capacity is for the screen

Yeah I've heard those stories of folks having their favorite drink next to them and thinking nobody can see it!

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Teaching fear, ignorance and stupidity by the Watchtower Corporation /JWorg carries on .

A matter of fact they will Zoom it to you via the inter-net..

Want to join ?

You can also become arrogant, self righteous, cultlish and share in the sins of false prophet charlatans (GB members) who proclaim they are god's chosen ones.

Mind you you wont make Jehovah or Jesus Christ happy for doing this.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Im similar to you as I never bought in to the bs, but my spouse is 45 years in and cant stand to hear any negative words about the GB or the troof. So I set her up on the mac and then sling it to the 75 inch screen with apple tv. works great, she gets seen and Im in another room sometimes with adult beverages. Most time all they say is Hello and goodbye, but on her morning pionier boasting session, they talk about just what most worldly people talk about but inserting the big J once in a while makes it ok. I try to leave when its on, cause I might blurt out something that she don't like ,so I go play with my dogs, cause they don't care what I think. One thing they boast about is how wonderful the GB is for getting ahead of this pandemic before the world did, (which is a lie_)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

One thing they boast about is how wonderful the GB is for getting ahead of this pandemic before the world did, (which is a lie_)

It musta been Holy Spirit!

Thank you Joe Hoover!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

WT Zoom meetings may be a staple for the rest of 2021 the way things are looking. The latest talk about the increase in new strains of covid19 popping-up all over the place no doubt means that JWs will remain in lockdown mode for a long time to come. The talk about these new variants being more contagious though less deadly is surely going to keep JWs off the streets...Yay!

I'm wondering what the GB think-tanks are strategizing right about now. Cabin fever is hardly ever a good thing. Physical isolation is not good for the mind, body or one's spirituality. Two years of inactivity for these cult members can not be good for the WT organization as a whole.

"What do we do with all these vacant and un-used Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls?"...I'm sure is on the minds of the top WT brass. Two years of no use is an awfully long time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit