"They MUST Be Witnesses"

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

OK, it's Saturday morning; I'm walking back from the corner grocery store and bank. There are two men, OBVIOUSLY "BROTHERS" (suits & bookbags) standing on the lawn inspecting an older model, but clean Cadillac with a FOR SALE sign on it. It is priced very reasonably. The owner is standing there in shorts & tee shirt.

Should I:

1) Yell out "hey, a 4 door, GOOD SERVICE CAR!!"

or

2) Rush up and plunk down the cash!!!!

or

3) Yell out "Get back to Field Service!!!"

or

4) smile and keep walking

Mustang

Afterthoughts Class

• rocketman
    rocketman

What always got me is how in certain situations, any well-dressed, clean-looking, nice person was either thought to be a Witness or it was thought he/she'd make a good Witness.

Other than that, any bunch of well-dressed people in a Dunkin' Donuts at about 11 AM on any given Saturday.

• manicmama
    manicmama

Hey Mustang, I have another one to add.....

"I hope you're not counting time for this"

Manic

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Or people in a group with bowed heads before eating their whoppers at the BK at an assembly break.

• minimus
    minimus

The freakiest sight was seeing entire families with bowed heads at a number of McDonald tables. THEN, IF A CHILD ACTED UP, the parent would slap the little one into submission.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Please lets not confuse "Well Dressed" to dressing formally. Just because someone wears some polyester pants, short-sleaved button up shirt (summer time in CA) and a tie, doesn't mean they are well dressed. Half the old ladies in the Cong I went to wore plaid skirts that ended halfway down their calves with a striped shirt. And they were praised on how they were dressed! Well dressed my A$$. Remember the warning not to follow fashion trends. Wear what the brothers & Sisters wore in the 50's. Thats always in style! WAIT, wasn't that a fashion trend of the 50's??? Oh crap, I guess the GB will come up with their own fashion and sell their clothes to the dubs.

• shamus
    shamus

Memories... How emberassing going out for coffee, at the local food court where 40 strange weirdo's all descended at precisley 11:00 to 11:05 and stayed for 45 minutes. Yuck.

• minimus
    minimus

What's worse is that the Witnesses take over the coffee joint. i know a few JW's that were asked to leave because of their rude, overbearing behavior.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

How about this one(actually happened to me):

4 men between the ages of 25-45 dressed in shirts and pants(looking like they just took off their neck ties...)shopping in a Janitorial Supply store while in the parking lot is a minivan of females in Thrift Store dresses with 2.5 children each waiting for them to come out with their purchase of squeegees and mops.

(I was in the Janitorial Supply store to get carpet shampoo for the steam machine I rented.)

Ravyn

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    4 men between the ages of 25-45 dressed in shirts and pants(looking like they just took off their neck ties...)shopping in a Janitorial Supply store while in the parking lot is a minivan of females in Thrift Store dresses with 2.5 children each waiting for them to come out with their purchase of squeegees and mops.

LOL!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit