"They MUST Be Witnesses"

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Have you ever made that comment based upon your observations? What attitudes or behavior would merit that statement by you?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Large group of people dressed like they're going to a funeral in the 1950's, all huddled around a 4-door car. Carrying bookbags. Looking grim and pointing up and down the street.

Nina

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Cruzanheart:

You forgot: looking at bits of paper in their hands and pointing to the not at homes.

• minimus
    minimus

Nina, that is soo funny! I can picture it.

• undercover
    undercover
    Large group of people dressed like they're going to a funeral in the 1950's, all huddled around a 4-door car. Carrying bookbags. Looking grim and pointing up and down the street.

Being in a McDonald's mid-morning Saturday and seeing a group aged from 4 to 84 dressed as described above.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

An excellent example cruzanheart, I don't believe I can top that one.

I would have said a group of men in cheap polyester suits carrying bookbags getting out of a cheap 4-door car on a 95 degree Saturday morning/afternoon to walk down the street VERY SLOWLY going door-to-door.

Or, some old fogies sitting at a table peddling magazines in front of a grocery store or at a strip mall.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL I didn't even realize cruzanheart said 4-door car! I was thinking the same thing subconsciously so I said that specifically because we all know JW's are admonished to get 4-door cars because 2 doors are "too sporty and selfish pride for attention" and 4 doors are betters suited for field service accomodations.

and LMAO at undercover! That is SOOOO true!

It is funny how the practices of Dubs are identical anywhere you go.

• minimus
    minimus

REBORN, going VERY SLOWLY is a prerequisite to presenting this life saving work. Almost every elder takes the lead in this activity.

• minimus
    minimus

Other "signs" of being a Witness...... sitting down for the National Anthem, not owning a pair of jeans and not owning casual clothing, having 15 suits or 50 dresses that are below the knee, drinking alcohol alot, always being depressed........Any more

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Yes minimus.. I think we are all familiar with the "Pioneer Stroll"(TM)

It is funny in hindsight, to think that we actually walked slowly from door-to-door purposely to waste as much time as possible to fudge our field-service reports, thinking that an omnipotent God was concerned with how many hours (90 versus 89 to make the average lol) we put in this ridiculous magazine peddling activity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit