My mom died.

by noni1974 22 Replies latest jw friends

• noni1974
    noni1974

It's been years since I posted here. My JW mother died July 5th. It was quite honestly not that emotional for me. I'm not sure of it's a JW issue or a I don't give a crap issue. I've actually had more feelings about the queen dying then my actual mother.

Anyway, it's been almost a decade since I posted here. Say hello to my old ass.😁

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello from the UK to your old donkey.

Sometimes our emotions catch up with us later. Still sad news.

Were you expecting the passing?

• joao
    joao

Sorry to hear about that. It's also sad to see the degree of destruction JW causes to families. Take care.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hi are you a fellow Brit?

Maybe the Queen thing is more about you grieving the mother you should/would have had, if JW hadn't entered your families lives?

As punky says, sometimes it catches up. I'm guessing with your name maybe your mum entered pre 75? If so, you wouldn't have had an easy childhood😬

Anyway, condolences and wishing you the best. It's never easy.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

What's up with the Brits and there love of royalty. I never understood that. Royalty has always looked down on the peasant as they we're filth. Don't understand the admiration Brits have for them. It's just weird.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Hellothere. What's up with the Brits and there love of royalty.

'their' not 'there'.

It isn't all Brits. You can't tar a whole country with the same brush. It's far too tribal to do that.

The same as I don't think all Yanks are heavily medicated, can't spell and are slightly bonkers.

I for one felt nothing about the Queen passing other than any death is sad.

Not all of us are royalists and not all of us are republicans.

Most of us are just trying to get on with our lives.

On a thread about the death of a mother, I found your comments to be rude and out of line. Now, behave or I'll be telling Tony Morris about you.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

My condolences.

When my mom died I was really thrown for a loop, but when my dad died a few years later it didn't bother me a whole lot. I'm not sure why, but I understand where you are experiencing.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Condolences. We are beat down by the " not grieving " BS. That said, my parents were the never going to pass away generation. They were good people. It is part of the realization of TTAT. Along with the missed opportunities, petty mean brothers.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome back, Noni1974! I offer my condolences on the death of your Mom, and I think I understand your response to it, because I had a similar response when my mother died a few years back.

I had long ago "disfellowshipped" my mother because that is what her cult taught me to do. I have two brothers who are still JW and firmly into mom-ism as well, and they thought I was a horrible person, so they didn't tell me when she died. I found out when a JW friend from my youth emailed me his sympathies. About my mom I was like, ">YAWN< What's for breakfast?" I was more bothered by my brothers' treatment of me than my mother's lack of life.

So, Noni1974, what else have you been up to the past decade?

• carla
    carla

Hello Noni, I don't know quite what to say about your mom. I do send my condolences and also so very sorry that this damn cult has brought so many to the same feelings you have now at what should be a time of grief. If it hits you one day anyway, I send my wishes for you to find peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit